We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Hyperlink problem

Hi, I am using Essential Grid and developing my application in VB.Net. I have a requirement to open the web browser if the user clicks on a hyperlink in a cell. The problem is that when we type any web address in a cell it becomes a hyperlink by default (a hand cursor is also shown when we move mouse over it) but I can''t find any event like "WeblinkClick" or "HyperlinkClick" through which I can open up the browser. Please note that I cant write my code in the "click" event because it is only fired once when we click on a cell. Moreover if focus is already in the cell that have a hyperlink then click event is not fired multiple times. Another reason for not using click event is that this event is fired even if the user clicks in the cell for editing purpose. Thanks in advance. Syed Ibn-e-Ali.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 30, 2004 10:31 AM UTC

How will you decide whether someone is clicking on the cell to launch the link or clicking on the cell to edit the link? Are you using the code from the sample we ship. It does not allow editing, so this is not a problem with the code in this sample, Syncfusion\Essential Suite\2.0.3.0\Grid\Samples\In Depth\DerivedCellControlTutorial.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon