We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

One hour shifted data in Charts on iOS

Hi,
The data points seems one hour shifted in my chart on iOS. On Android and WinRT it works correctly.
What is the reason of this issue.
The code is below and the Android and iOS screenshots are at the attachment.
Thanks,
Ahmet.
Xaml Code:
MarkerColor="White" MarkerBorderColor="Red" MarkerWidth="10" MarkerHeight="10" MarkerBorderWidth="2" />
Xaml.cs Code:
DateTime today = DateTime.Now.Date;
line.ItemsSource = new List()
{
new ChartDataPoint(today,10),
new ChartDataPoint(today.AddHours(1),20),
new ChartDataPoint(today.AddHours(2),30),
new ChartDataPoint(today.AddHours(3),20),
new ChartDataPoint(today.AddHours(4),30),
new ChartDataPoint(today.AddHours(5),20),
new ChartDataPoint(today.AddHours(6),10)
};

Attachment: ss_a29a1954.zip

8 Replies

KV Karthikeyan V Syncfusion Team May 19, 2016 12:39 PM UTC

Hi Ahmet,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.

We have analyzed the reported issue with given code snippet and we regret to inform you that, we are unable to reproduce the issue at our end. We have attached the sample and screenshots for your reference.

Could you please check with the sample from the following location? please revert us by modifying the sample based on your application along with replication procedure. This would be helpful for us to serve you better.

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/124124/ze/1241241144516274  

Note: Please provide your current version of Essential studio xamarin package and axis related codes.

Thanks,
Karthikeyan V.

AC Ahmet Cihat Ünaldi May 23, 2016 08:05 AM UTC

My Essential Studio version is 13.4.0.53 but I have tried your sample with both versions 13.4.0.53 and 14.1.0.41, and the same problem appeared.

The problem occurred without modifying your sample.

The screenshots of your sample project are at the attachment.

Xaml code: 

<chart:SfChart HeightRequest="250">
  <chart:SfChart.PrimaryAxis>
    <chart:DateTimeAxis IntervalType="Hours" Interval="1" PlotOffset="10">
      <chart:DateTimeAxis.LabelStyle>
        <chart:ChartAxisLabelStyle LabelFormat="HH:mm"/>
      </chart:DateTimeAxis.LabelStyle>
    </chart:DateTimeAxis>
  </chart:SfChart.PrimaryAxis>
  <chart:SfChart.SecondaryAxis>
    <chart:NumericalAxis RangePadding="Additional" />
  </chart:SfChart.SecondaryAxis>
  <chart:SfChart.Series>
    <chart:LineSeries x:Name="line">
      <chart:LineSeries.DataMarker>
        <chart:ChartDataMarker ShowLabel="False" ShowMarker="True" MarkerType="Ellipse"
                                MarkerColor="White" MarkerBorderColor="Red" MarkerWidth="10" MarkerHeight="10" MarkerBorderWidth="2" />
      </chart:LineSeries.DataMarker>
    </chart:LineSeries>
  </chart:SfChart.Series>
</chart:SfChart>

Sorry for missing information in my first entry. A problem has occurred while submitting the thread first time, then while submitting second time some content has been deleted but I haven't noticed it.

Thanks,
Ahmet

Attachment: screenshots_8f302b17.zip

GM Gobi M Syncfusion Team May 26, 2016 01:31 PM UTC

Hi Ahmet, 

We are able to reproduce the issue only in simulator, after changing the culture of Mac machine and simulator to US culture. Also it is not reproduced in device which has same culture. Could you please let us know, whether the issue is reproduced in your device with the same culture? That helps us to investigate further on this issue and provide you a better solution on the same.  

With the below time zone setting, we tested the scenario. 

Time Zone : Central Daylight Time 
Closest City : Gallatin, TN – United States. 

Regards, 
Gobi M 

AC Ahmet Cihat Ünaldi May 27, 2016 01:51 PM UTC

Hi,

On both of iOS device and simulator, I can produce the issue.

When I set Mac machine time zone to your settings (Time Zone : Central Daylight Time, Closest City : Gallatin, TN – United States) and region of iOS simulator to US the issue occurred.
When I change time zone of mac machine to GMT+9 (Tokyo), the issue does not appeared.

I have changed time zone of mac machine to various options and it seems that for time zones between GMT +4 and GMT -10, there is no problem but for time zones between GMT -9 and GMT +3, the issue is produced.
(The region of iOS simulator is still US and changing time zone is not possible on simulator.)

For iOS device, I set region to US, and I get the results below for given time zones.
  • For  Housten, USA (GMT-5) the issue appeared,
  • For Berlin, Germany (GMT +2) the issue appeared,
  • For Tokyo, Japan (GMT +9) the issue does not appeared,
  • For Istanbul, Turkey (GMT +3) the issue appeared,
  • For Victoria, Seychelles (GMT +4) the issue does not appeared.
Therefore, similar to iOS simulator, on iOS phone, for time zones between  GMT-9 and GMT +3 the issue is produced.

I do not know whether there are culture settings apart from these time zone and region settings.

Thanks,
Ahmet

GM Gobi M Syncfusion Team May 30, 2016 11:19 AM UTC

Hi Ahmet, 

We have confirmed the reported issue as a defect. The issue will be fixed and included in our upcoming volume 2, 2016 release which is expected to be rolled out by the mid of June 2016. 

Regards, 
Gobi M   

ME Manivannan Elangovan Syncfusion Team July 8, 2016 11:53 AM UTC

Hi Ahmet,

Due to complexity, the fix for the issue "one hour shifted data in DateTimeAxis" will be available in our upcoming volume 2, 2016 service pack 1 release.

Thanks,
Manivannan E.

SS Scott Smith July 27, 2016 06:03 PM UTC

Is there an ETA on when the service pack for vol 2 2016 will be released to resolve this issue?  This is a show stopper for me.

JC Jaikrishna Chandrasekar Syncfusion Team July 28, 2016 11:05 AM UTC

Hi Ahmet,   

The reported issue “One hour shifted data in DateTimeAxis” has been fixed and it will be available in our upcoming Volume 2 service pack 1, 2016 release which is scheduled to be available by the end of July.   

Regards,   
Jaikrishna C 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon