We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

PropertyGrid localization

Hi,
Where I can find resx file for Syncfusion.PropertyGrid.WPF assembly to localize PropertyGrid control?

I've found this page
http://help.syncfusion.com/wpf/introduction/common-supports
with links to resource files for another syncfusion assemblies, but i can't download these files and get message "Oops, you've found a dead link". Could you restore these links?

14 Replies

SM Sugapriya Mariappan Syncfusion Team May 25, 2016 11:15 AM UTC

Hi Alexey,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support

“Query #1: Where I can find resx file for Syncfusion.PropertyGrid.WPF assembly to localize PropertyGrid control?”

Currently we don't have localization support for PropertyGrid. We will include this support in our upcoming Volume 2, 2016 release which is scheduled to be rolled out in the mid of June 2016.

We will also update our documentation for the same in this release

“Query #2: "Oops, you've found a dead link". Could you restore these links?”

Please download the resx files for Shared.WPF and Tools.WPF from the below location and we were able to face the download problem in our link. We will update this file in our documentation. Please revert if you face any issues in downloading other controls resource files.

Resources:resources

Regards,
M.Sugapriya

AL Alex May 25, 2016 04:09 PM UTC

Thank you for your reply!

I've tried Syncfusion.Shared.WPF.ru-RU.resx  and it works for me when i've changed culture for application. Syncfusion.Grid.Wpf.ru-RU.resx from LocalizationDemo sample project works too.
But i've also found in Syncfusion.Tools.WPF.ru-RU.resx some resources with "PropertyGrid" perifx:

PropertyGridAlphabeticalToolTip
PropertyGridCategorizedToolTip
PropertyGridClearToolTip
PropertyGridSearchWatermarkText

I've changed values for these resources, but nothing has changed in PropertyGrid.
Could you explain this?

Attachment: Localization_Demo_4d9668a1.zip

SM Sugapriya Mariappan Syncfusion Team May 26, 2016 04:51 AM UTC

Hi Alexey,

As we have already stated in our previous update, we don’t have localization support for Property grid control. We will include this support in our upcoming Volume 2, 2016 release which is scheduled to be rolled out in the mid of June 2016. Once it is included in the release, you can change the culture for the PropertyGrid. The key which you have mentioned in Tools.resx file is not used in any of our control and we will remove it from our resx list

Regards,
M.Sugapriya

PM Peter Metz September 29, 2016 06:58 PM UTC

Hello,
inside this demo there is no Northwind.sdf.
Bus yes, with some tools I generated it. And later I found it. Now after lot of time spend on this issue I give up - and ask you to help me, by providing the proper Northwind.sdf version 3.5
or telling me how I can use version 4.0 in this example.
Thanks,
Peter

<<<ERR>>>
An exception of type 'System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeException' occurred in System.Data.SqlServerCe.dll but was not handled in user code

Additional information: Incompatible Database Version. If this was a compatible file, run repair. For other cases refer to documentation. [ Db version = 4000000,Requested version = 3505053,File name = \\?\C:\source\EMEA Manufacturing SOURCE\sandbox\pmetz\SyncFusionLocalizationDemo\SQLCeDB\Northwind.sdf ]

PM Peter Metz replied to Peter Metz September 29, 2016 07:00 PM UTC

Hello,
inside this demo there is no Northwind.sdf.
Bus yes, with some tools I generated it. And later I found it. Now after lot of time spend on this issue I give up - and ask you to help me, by providing the proper Northwind.sdf version 3.5
or telling me how I can use version 4.0 in this example.
Thanks,
Peter

<<<ERR>>>
An exception of type 'System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeException' occurred in System.Data.SqlServerCe.dll but was not handled in user code

Additional information: Incompatible Database Version. If this was a compatible file, run repair. For other cases refer to documentation. [ Db version = 4000000,Requested version = 3505053,File name = \\?\C:\source\EMEA Manufacturing SOURCE\sandbox\pmetz\SyncFusionLocalizationDemo\SQLCeDB\Northwind.sdf ]

... I found it inside Pivot_Grid_Customization697941168  example. But also CE format 4.0 ...

KJ Keerthana Jegannathan Syncfusion Team September 30, 2016 09:16 AM UTC

Hi Alexey,   

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support   

From your last update we could see that you found your requirement. If you were unable to resolve the issue, then please provide more details to provide the solution at the earliest.  

Regards,    
Keerthana J   

PM Peter Metz September 30, 2016 09:23 AM UTC

Hi Keerthana,

now I figured out how to link it to the real MS SQL DB.

But in the Demo many labels are missing, I suggest it is because there is no
Syncfusion.Grid.Wpf.de-DE.resx
Syncfusion.Tools.WPF.de-DE.resx

Perfectly if it's possible to get that files from somewhere.
Thanks,
Peter

JG Jai Ganesh S Syncfusion Team October 3, 2016 12:45 PM UTC

Hi Peter, 

We have modified the LocalizationDemo sample by adding the “Grid.Wpf.de.resx” and Northwind file. This sample is now working fine in our side and please find the sample from the below location, 

Also please find the localization sample for tools control and this has the Syncfusion.Tools.WPF.fr-FR.resx 

Regards, 
Jai Ganesh S 

PM Peter Metz October 5, 2016 05:41 PM UTC

Thank you!

JG Jai Ganesh S Syncfusion Team October 6, 2016 04:04 AM UTC

Hi Alexey,    
Thank you for the update. 
Please let us know if you need further assistance on this. 
Regards, 
Jai Ganesh S 

PM Peter Metz October 10, 2016 12:17 PM UTC

Hello,
thank you for the update. The grid and data is displayed well.

Ok, it's running, but I have still an open question.
My local computer is culture info "de-DE". So I changed it in App.xaml.cs, line 25, to
      System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture = new System.Globalization.CultureInfo("de-DE");

The same situation occures with the original source CultureInfo("ru-RU")  .

But still there are no menu text. It is just blank, and I can only guess what I'm clicking on.
See attached Screenshot for better explanation.

What do I do wrong?

Thanks, BR,
Peter

Attachment: LocalizationDemo_2015_941748075Microsoft_Visual_Studio_f432a0d5.7z

VJ Victory Jessie Selvam D Syncfusion Team October 11, 2016 09:03 AM UTC

Hi Peter,

In the provided screenshot, tab header and tab strip menu item appeared blank because Header is not set for the children in DocumentContainer. We have modified the sample by setting Header attached property for all the children in DocumentContainer, and you can download it from the following link:

Sample: Localization_Demo_Modified

Regards,
Jessie

PM Peter Metz October 11, 2016 10:32 AM UTC

Thanks, that works for me now :-)

VJ Victory Jessie Selvam D Syncfusion Team October 12, 2016 06:48 AM UTC

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your update.

Please let us know if you require any further assistance.

Regards,
Jessie

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon