We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Update Calendar Events

I am using the SfCalendar Control in a xamarin forms application to display a list of calendar events. 

<xForms:SfCalendar x:Name="Calendar" DataSource="{Binding CalendarEventCollection}" ShowInlineEvents="True"/>

In my View Model I have a CalendarEventCollection property that I bind to the DataSource of the SfCalendar control. This works fine for when I initially populate the collection.

My app gets events from a web service and needs to update the calendar control. If I add more events to CalendarEventCollection these are not updated on the calendar control. 

I notice that CalendarEventCollection implements ObservableCollection<CalendarInlineEvent> so I'm guessing that simply adding to the CalendarEventCollection should just work. 

How can I get the SFCalendar control to update when adding new events? 

7 Replies

HM Hemalatha Marikumar Syncfusion Team May 24, 2016 11:55 AM UTC

Hi Umar,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support.

We were able to reproduce the issue and have logged defect report regarding this. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents/

Regards,
Hemalatha M.R

DL David Lopera November 3, 2016 10:57 PM UTC

Any solutions to this problem? 

RG Rajkumar Ganesamoorthy Syncfusion Team November 4, 2016 12:59 PM UTC

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support.

The issue with "Unable to update the SfCalendar's DataSource" issue were fixed with our latest version. So could you please check the reported issue by using our latest.

Regards,
Rajkumar G

DL David Lopera November 28, 2016 10:27 PM UTC

Hi, 

I'm using version 14.3.0.52 for SfCalendar with Xamarin.Forms. I'm having 3 important issues:

1. For iOS app when the event MonthChanged is fired, the new events gotten from web service doesn't show in the calendar until I select any day.
2. For iOS app when swiping to right or left to change the month, the app closes itself.
2. The databinding is slow, what is your advice to do the databinding when getting data from web service?

Thanks!

RG Rajkumar Ganesamoorthy Syncfusion Team November 29, 2016 11:40 AM UTC

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support.

Issue 1: For iOS app when swiping to right or left to change the month, the app closes itself.

The above reported issue were resolved with our latest version. So could you please update your Essential Studio to our latest and check the reported issue?

Issue 2: For iOS app when the event MonthChanged is fired, the new events gotten from web service doesn't show in the calendar until I select any day

Issue 3: The databinding is slow, what is your advice to do the databinding when getting data from web service?

We were unable to reproduce the reported issue so could you please provide more information about this issue like issue reproducing sample , that will help us to provide better solution on this.

Regards,
Rajkumar G

JP Joao Pedro Zamarioli March 24, 2017 05:15 PM UTC

Same issue here.
The calendar doesn't get refreshed after updating the CalendarEventCollection in View Model.
Only when I move the month up/down the events get there.
I'm using Essential Studio 15.1.0.33.
Any ideas?

RK Rathana Kumar Sekar Syncfusion Team March 27, 2017 10:53 AM UTC

Hi Joao,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support.

We were able to reproduce the issue and have logged defect report regarding this. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

Regards,
Rathanakumar S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon