We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Double Click on row event in Gantt component

Could you add "rowDoubleClick" event to Gantt component. It would be useful for me.

3 Replies

MK Mahalakshmi Karthikeyan Syncfusion Team May 24, 2016 12:53 PM UTC

Hi Anatoliy, 
Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 
In Gantt control if the editSettings > editMode is “cellEditing” then while double clicking the row “beginEdit” client side event will be fired. If the editMode is “normal” which is dialog editing “actionBegin” will be fired. Please find the below code example for details. 

$("#gantt").ejGantt({ 
//… 
        actionBegin: function (arg) { 
                    debugger; // triggered while we double click the row when dialog                   
                                 editing 
                }, 
                beginEdit: function (arg) { 
                    debugger; // triggered while we double click the row when cell     
                                 editing 
                }, 
}); 
Can you please share us more information on what purpose do you want to trigger double click event for the Gantt control? It will be helpful for us to provide you appropriate solution for your requirement. 
Regards, 
Mahalakshmi K. 

AG Anton Goldovsky May 25, 2016 10:49 AM UTC

Gantt diagram is read-only in my case. I want to show additional dialog form with more information about task in the row (as it is done in Grid component in another part of my Application).

JS Jonesherine Stephen Syncfusion Team May 26, 2016 05:53 PM UTC

Hi Anatoliy,  
Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.  
Currently there is no direct support for double click client side event in Gantt. We can achieve this by using beginEdit and actionBegin event. This events are triggered only on editing enabled mode.  
We can cancel the editAction in cellEditing using beginEdit and dialogEdit using actionBegin. 
We have prepared the workaround and rendered the alert during the double click action. 
Please find the below code snippet below.  
   $(function () { 
            $("#GanttContainer").ejGantt({ 
                dataSource: data, 
                /// 
                beginEdit: function (args) { 
                    args.cancel = true;//To cancel the cellEdit 
                    alert("CellEdit is cancelled") 

}, 
                actionBegin:function(args){ 
                    args.cancel = true;//To cancel the dialogEdit 
                    alert("DialogEdit is cancelled") 

} 

}); 
        });      

We have also prepared a sample for your reference. Please find the sample in the following URL. 
Please let us know if you require further assistance on this. 
Thanks, 
Jone Sherine .P.S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon