We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

DropDown cascading - dependent field does not set its value on form load

I created this based on documentation tutorial here: http://help.syncfusion.com/aspnetmvc/dropdownlist/functionalities#cascading
Cascading works as expected. Selection in first dropdown (nl_id_cis__car_make) determines what is available to select in second dropdown (nl_id_cis__car_model).
Problem is, that upon form load, I have populated value in first dropdown (for example "Ford"), but in second dropdown, there is nothing preselected (there should be "Focus").

If I remove cascading, both fields are corectly populated with data.

<div class="col-md-2">
            <div class="form-group">
                <label class="control-label requiredField" for="nl_id_cis__car_make">Značka</label>
                @Html.EJ().DropDownList("nl_id_cis__car_make").Datasource(Model.carMakes).DropDownListFields(Df => Df.Text("s_name").Value("nl_id_parent").ID("nl_id_parent")).Value(Model.ticker.nl_id_cis__car_make.ToString()).Width("100%").CascadeTo("nl_id_cis__car_model")
            </div>
        </div>
        <div class="col-md-1">
            <div class="form-group">
                <label class="control-label requiredField" for="nl_id_cis__car_model">Model</label>
                @Html.EJ().DropDownList("nl_id_cis__car_model").Datasource(Model.carModels).DropDownListFields(Df => Df.Text("s_name").Value("nl_id")).Value(Model.ticker.nl_id_cis__car_model.ToString()).Width("100%")
            </div>
        </div>

3 Replies

PO Prince Oliver Syncfusion Team May 19, 2016 10:49 AM UTC

Hi Tom,                       

We were able to reproduce the problem and have logged defect report regarding this. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account.   
Please log on to our support website to check for further updates  

Please let me know if you have any questions.  

Regards,  
Prince 

TF Tom Frajer May 19, 2016 12:59 PM UTC

Perfect :) A hope this will be fixed soon as this functionality is absolutely critical for my application.

Do you have any workaround? Using javascript to set field value etc.

PO Prince Oliver Syncfusion Team May 20, 2016 10:15 AM UTC

Hi Tom, 

Please follow-up the support incident which is related to this forum for further queries and post your updates in the incident. 

Regards, 
Prince 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon