We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Sample app for MAP control

I have an old Windows XP app that used ESRI MapObjects LT to display map data in form of .shp files. MapObjects LT doesn't work with Vista/7/8/10.

I discovered the map Control that can display this data so I want to try to port my application to Windows 10. Is there any sample apps for Windows forms that shows what you can do with this Control.
I would like to look at that code and see how I can modify it so that it suits my needs.

5 Replies

MV Mohana V Syncfusion Team May 16, 2016 11:25 AM UTC

Hi Jörgen,

Thanks for using syncfusion products.

Currently, we are validating your query "MapObjects LT doesn't work with Vista/7/8/10" and we will update you the complete details regarding this in one business day (May 17th, 2016).

Regards,
Mohana V

JD Jaganprabu D Syncfusion Team May 17, 2016 12:59 PM UTC

Hi Jörgen,

Sorry for inconvenience.

We are currently setting up environment similar to the mentioned configuration. We will get back to you with complete details after checking with the similar configuration.

Regards,
Jaganprabu.D

JD Jaganprabu D Syncfusion Team May 18, 2016 12:59 PM UTC

Hi Jörgen,

We have created map sample with world map ESRI file in windows xp machine. When we are porting the application in Windows 7/8 machine, it’s working same as previous one.

Please find attached sample in below link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/MapSample-1358579907.zip 

Replace your ESRI shape file in this project. If you are still facing the same problem, kindly provide your ESRI shape file

Regards,
Jaganprabu.D 

JB Jörgen Björkman May 19, 2016 01:41 PM UTC

I figured out how to load the map by myself. What I was hoping for was a more advanced sample app that shows all that the Control is capable of like zooming, paning, Printing etc.

One thing I would like to do with this example is to select one country (Sweden) and have the map zoom into the selected country, ie. northern europé/Scandinavia.

Something else I would like to do is click on Another country and select it and get the name of the selected country.

In my real World example I have a map of a city with layers for house properties, buildings, roads, lakes, rivers, etc. In my app I can have information about a property, a building or a lake and I want to select that object in the appropriate layer and zoom the map in on that object.

JD Jaganprabu D Syncfusion Team May 20, 2016 12:32 PM UTC

Hi Jörgen,

Query 1 : zooming, panning, Printing support in map control ?

Map zooming and panning can be achieved by using mouse scroll and currently, we don't have support for printing option for map control.

Query 2 : To select one country and have the map zoom into the selected country?

We can achieve your requirement by setting "EnableZoomOnSelection" property to true. Once we enable this property we can select particular shape and the selected shape will be zoomed.

Query 3 : click the country and select it and get the name of the selected country ?

you can use "ShapeSelected" event and get the selected shape name from the event argument "data".

We have create simple sample based on above requiremnt and attached into below link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/MapSample11784371607.zip 

Regards,
Jaganprabu.D

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon