We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ScheduleCellTapped, args.datetime wrong

Hello,
accessing the selected datetime of ScheduleCellTapped event works under Windows8.1 app correct.
In Android, the date ist correct, but the time is wrong (-4h). Timezone is (MESZ+2)Berlin.
I´m using
"Xamarin.Forms" version="2.2.0.31"

9 Replies

JO Joy Oyiess Rex  K Syncfusion Team May 16, 2016 12:03 PM UTC

Hi Siggi,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

We are able to reproduce the time zone (MESZ+2) issue with time when tap on the Schedule. We have logged an issue report for the same, the issue fix will be included in our upcoming volume release which is expected to be available by the mid of June. We appreciate your patience until then.

Please let us know, if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Joy Rex.

SA Stefaan Avonds May 24, 2017 03:43 PM UTC

Dear

I'm having kind of the same problem; in both Android and iOS if for instance I tap "24/05/2017 17:45:00" the value for args.datetime equals "01/06/2017 21:00:00". Is some sort of setting wrong?

Greetings

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team May 25, 2017 12:36 PM UTC

Hi Stefaan, 

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products. 

We have checked and we are unable reproduce the mentioned issue with Schedule CellTapped event Selected DateTime is wrong in Xamarin Forms from our side, could you please let us know which product version you’re using? We have checked with our latest Essential Studio volume 2 Release v15.2.0.40 which has available for download under the following link: 

We have prepared simple sample based on this scenario, please find the sample by the below link, 

If you face any issue with this latest update, could you please revert to us by modifying the provided sample based on your requirement with more details. It will be helpful for us to check on it and provide you the better solution.  

Regards,  
Subburaj Pandian V.    

SA Stefaan Avonds May 29, 2017 07:37 AM UTC

Hi

The datetime-value is indeed correct in your sample. What I've found in my own project is that when TimeInterval is set to "5.0" the datetime-value is wrong again. Are there some settings connected to this TimeInterval-property that need to be altered in order to work?

Regards

SP Sivakumar Punniya Moorthi Syncfusion Team May 30, 2017 01:20 PM UTC

Hi Stefaan, 

Thank you for the update. 

Based on your provided information we have checked and we are unable to reproduce the issue with “DateTime value is wrong when we set the time interval value as 5.0” in Xamarin.Forms(V15.2.0.40) platform. Could you please provide the information for below, 

1.Issue reproducing platform (Android,iOS or UWP). 
2.Product version details. 

We have prepared the simple sample based on this, please find the sample link 

SampleLink :  ScheduleApp 

If the given solution also doesn’t meet your requirement, could you please modify the provided sample along with its reproducing procedure? It will be helpful for us to analyze on your requirement and provide you a possible solution. 

Note: 
When we set the time interval as 5, we need to change the label format as “hh:mm”. So we can see the fully customized time interval in schedule views, we have added the time format for day view in the given sample.  

Regards, 
Sivakumar P 

SA Stefaan Avonds June 1, 2017 09:40 AM UTC

Hi

Your sample indeed does work. I've just found the problem: one of the dll's was still pointing to a lower version which is probably why the wrong datetime was returned. Also I was using "ScheduleCellTapped" instead of "CellTapped"; perhaps that had something to do with it too.

Thanks anyway, you helped me out a lot!

SP Sivakumar Punniya Moorthi Syncfusion Team June 2, 2017 01:02 PM UTC

Hi Stefaan, 

Thanks for the update. 

We are glad to know that you have met your requirement. Please let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Sivakumar P 

EM Emil June 15, 2017 08:36 PM UTC

I am getting the same problem for the ScheduleInlineCellTapped, my code looks like as below. args.selectedDate is giving me correct date information but no the time, it always show 12:00. is it normal? or can i get the time of the actual apointment because i want to MoveToDate in day view using time information as well.

void Schedule_ScheduleInlineCellTapped(object sender, MonthInlineAppointmentTappedEventArgs args)
        {
            try
            {
                if (Schedule.ScheduleView == ScheduleView.MonthView)
                {
                    Schedule.ScheduleView = ScheduleView.DayView;
                    Schedule.MoveToDate = args.selectedDate;
                    // Schedule.NavigateTo(args.datetime);
                    scheduleview_list.SelectedItem = AppRes.DayView;
                }
            }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                ExceptionComponent.Report(ex);
            }
        }

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team June 16, 2017 10:02 AM UTC

Hi Emil, 

As Schedule MonthView is not timeslot oriented control, time details will not be obtained in MonthView, while tapping the month cell CellTapped event will gives the Selected Date and Time as 00.00.00 which is an expected behavior. Since while setting MoveToDate as SelectedDate of CellTapped event, it will move to the specific selected date in the DayView from Monthview as per your code example. MoveToDate will work based on the given date, it will not consider time.  

If the given solution doesn’t meet your requirement, could you please share more details about your query we will check on it and provide you the better solution.  

Regards, 
Subburaj Pandian V 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon