We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Canvas.ZIndex Bug

Hello,

I have a project that was using Telerik's controls and i am migrating to yours. In my main view, there is a MapControl with Canvas.ZIndex = 0, two buttons with Canvas.ZIndex = 1 and the BusyIndicatorControl with Canvas.ZIndex = 2. I want to disable the user to click anywhere while is loading data from the server (while property IsBusy = true), so i set the Canvas.ZIndex to 2 and when IsBusy = false, the control should "disappear" from the view, should return to Canvas.ZIndex = 1. With the old control works like a charm, and i just did this:

<telerikPrimatives:RadBusyIndicator AnimationStyle="AnimationStyle4" FontWeight="Bold"
               Grid.RowSpan="3" Foreground="White" Background="#80000000" Canvas.ZIndex="2" 
               Content="{Binding BusyText}" IsActive="{Binding IsAsyncLoading}"/>

I tried the same approach, but is not working like it should be. The BusyIndicatorControl's ZIndex is always on top of the view:

<notification:SfBusyIndicator AnimationType="ArrowTrack" IsBusy="{Binding IsAsyncLoading}"
         Header="{Binding BusyText}" Grid.RowSpan="3" Background="#80000000" Canvas.ZIndex="2">
            <notification:SfBusyIndicator.HeaderTemplate>
                <DataTemplate>
                    <Grid>
                        <TextBlock Text="{Binding}" FontSize="16" HorizontalAlignment="Center" 
                                   Foreground="White" FontWeight="Bold"/>
                    </Grid>
                </DataTemplate>
            </notification:SfBusyIndicator.HeaderTemplate>
        </notification:SfBusyIndicator>

How can i reach the same functionality of the old control with just xaml, no code behind?

Thanks in advance,
Leonardo Souza

1 Reply

VR Venkateshwaran Ramdoss Syncfusion Team May 13, 2016 11:39 AM UTC

Hi Leonardo,

Thanks for your update.

A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Regards,
Venkateshwaran V.R.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon