We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon
Starting in 2019, the Reporting control is no longer included in Essential Studio. If you're experiencing issues with the Syncfusion Reporting Platform, Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer, we recommend migrating to Bold Reports, our dedicated reporting platform.

Bold Reports offers a comprehensive suite of tools and features for all your reporting needs, and we will help you make a smooth transition from the discontinued control. Our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/ is here to assist you with any questions or difficulties you may encounter during the migration process.

We thank you for choosing Syncfusion and appreciate your understanding.

PDF Export

Hi,

I need to export a report as PDF-file. But I have a few issues with this.

1. If I use Export-PDF I get an enormous large file (1Page = 1.5Mb). Also I get an error saying "internal error occured" if I try to open this file with Acrobat Reader. The Error occures when I try to Zoom into the document.
2. If I use Print->Microsoft Print to PDF (Or any other PDF-Printer) I get a very pixelated and ugly PDF.

How can I solve this problem?

Greetings

I have attached two sample PDF-files

Attachment: PDF_1660b395.zip

1 Reply

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team May 6, 2016 01:45 PM UTC

Hi Jannik, 

Query 
Response 
If I use Export-PDF I get an enormous large file (1Page = 1.5Mb).  
We suspect that the exported PDF document has larger file size is due to the .png image used in the report. As per PDF base suggestion using .jpeg type will reduce the size of file, also can you share your report with us so that we can validate further to reduce the file memory size. 
Also I get an error saying "internal error occurred" if I try to open this file with Acrobat Reader. The Error occurs when I try to Zoom into the document. 

We are able to open the shared PDF document using Adobe Acrobat Reader and there is no error occurs while performing the zooming actions in the document. We have prepared a video for the same and it can be downloaded from the below location. 

Please share a video of the issue and Acrobat Reader version used to reproduce the reported error. 
If I use Print->Microsoft Print to PDF (Or any other PDF-Printer) I get a very pixelated and ugly PDF. 
We  are facing the pixelating problem when the report printed from ReportViewer. We are converting the rendered items as images that is given as input to the printer and normal 96 dpi are used in image conversion, so that the pixel problem occurred in pdf printed document. We have already exposed properties to “Print” increase the dpi values in ReportViewer, you can set the values as shown below snippet. 

reportViewer.PrintdpiY = 300; 
reportViewer.PrintdpiX = 300; 

We have prepared a sample based on this and it can be downloaded from the below location. 

Regards, 
Vinoth.S 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon