We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Needle animation?

Is there a way to have the needle start at the "start value" and progress to the actual value? If not, can I bind a value that essentially does that in the code behind that can achieve the same effect?

Any help on this would be great.

Thanks,

4 Replies

SG Swathi Gopal Syncfusion Team May 4, 2016 01:06 PM UTC

Hi Steve Ingels, 

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. 

Yes we are able to dynamically update the pointer value of Gauge, also it can be achieved by Bind the pointer value, but we already we have logged an issue report for an issue with “Needle pointer animation not working in Circular Gauge Xamarin.Forms (Android)”. Could you please confirm the issue by specifying the platform (Android/ iOS) in which you are facing the issue, so that we could provide a patch for this issue. 

Regards, 
Swathi G 

SI Steve Ingels May 4, 2016 01:10 PM UTC

I'm testing this on iOS (9.3.1) 

So it SHOULD auto animate to the set value?

Here's my XAML pointer code.

<gauge:Scale.Pointers>
    <gauge:NeedlePointer 
        Value="400" 
        LengthFactor=".6"
        Color="#696969" 
        Thickness="3"
        KnobColor="#828282" 
        KnobRadius="10"  
        EnableAnimation="true"/>
</gauge:Scale.Pointers>

SI Steve Ingels May 4, 2016 07:52 PM UTC

I'm also not seeing animation from the RangePointer (I'm assuming it affects all your pointers currently).

Steve

SG Swathi Gopal Syncfusion Team May 5, 2016 10:22 AM UTC

Hi Steve, 

Animation are auto enabled in CircularGauge control, so that while change the Pointer value from one value to another it will move to mentioned value smoothly (without sudden change in the UI). Animation is applicable for both Needle pointer as well as Range Pointer.  When pointer is initialised with some value (for example: Value = 50), then the pointer will not animated to that value from start value of the scale. We have prepared a simple sample for this in the below location. 

Sample Link: View_Testing               

Please let us know, if you need any further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Swathi G 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon