We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

VSTS Build

I pretty new to the SyncFusion controls. I try to use it in my app. Locally its easily to get it working but i am also using a build server (VSTS). Is it possible to include the SDK in my project since i can't install it on a build server or package it in a nuget file that i can distrubute in my private nuget server?

4 Replies

GM Ganesh Manivannan Syncfusion Team May 3, 2016 01:15 PM UTC

In order to use the Syncfusion products in build server we have special build variant name "Link Install" it will ship only the assemblies and SDK files into the build server. You can download our link install setup from the below link. 

To know more about the link install, please look into the below documentation link 

Question : Package it in a Nuget file that i can distribute in my private Nuget server? 

Answer: We have forwarded your query to license team. We will check this and get to you by tomorrow May 4th 2016.  

Thanks,
Ganesh M  

GM Ganesh Manivannan Syncfusion Team May 3, 2016 01:44 PM UTC

Hi Dave,

Sorry for the inconvience casued.

Please ingore the previous post.  Currently link install build doesn't have the SDK files included. Now, we had included the SDK files in our Link Install setup and we will replace the build in another 2 to 3 hours and update to you again in this forum.

Regards,
Ganesh M 

GM Ganesh Manivannan Syncfusion Team May 3, 2016 04:12 PM UTC

In order to use the Syncfusion products in build server we have special build variant name "Link Install" it will ship only the assemblies and SDK files into the build server. You can download our link install setup from the below link. 

To know more about the link install, please look into the below documentation link 

Question : Package it in a Nuget file that i can distribute in my private Nuget server? 

Answer: We have forwarded your query to license team. We will check this and get to you by tomorrow May 4th 2016.  

Thanks,
Ganesh M 

GM Ganesh Manivannan Syncfusion Team May 4, 2016 05:10 PM UTC

Please find the answer for your queries.  

Q1) Is it possible to include the SDK in my project since i can't install it on a build server  

A1) We have an alternative option for including the SDK in to the build server. Please download  the Syncfusion Universal platform build from the below location and install it in any machine other than build server. Then please follow the below steps. 

1.     After installing in that machine, copy the Universal Windows folder from the below location to the any of the location in the build server. 

{installed location}\Universal Windows  

Example: 
      C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\14.1.0.41\Universal Windows 

2.     Then, we need to create registry entry for including the SDK to the project as a reference. Open CTRL+R -> regedit then navigate to the below location. 

computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v10.0 

3.     Then create the new key in the above registry ExtensionSDKs\Syncfusion Controls for UWP XAML\14.1.0.41, then edit the Default value and update the Universal Windows folder location in your build server which copied. please check the below screenshot for reference. 

4.     Now open the UWP Project in Visual Studio 2015 and in the reference section à  right click add reference. Now you can see the below window and choose Syncfusion Controls for UWP XAML from the Extension then click Ok 

5.     Now SDK has been included as the reference to your projects.  

Q2)  Package it in a Nuget file that i can distribute in my private Nuget server?  

A2)  Yes , you can use as the package in your private Nuget server.  

Please let us know if you have any concerns on this. 

Regards, 
Ganesh M  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon