We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Error in Chart While adding Series element in design side

Hi,

i added chart control in my project. when i added series element in chart that time the error accourd.

below error show :

Unknown server tag 'ej:Series'
Element "Series"is not a known element. This can occur if there is a compilation error in the web site or the web.config file is missing. 

Please solve this issues.

Regards
Satheyaraaj

Attachment: errorchart_56ea012f.rar

3 Replies

AB Akbar Basha K M Syncfusion Team May 2, 2016 08:51 AM UTC

Hi Satheyaraaj, 
Thanks for contacting syncfusion support. We have analyzed your reported issue and we can’t able to reproduce the issue from our side. For your convenience, we have created a simple sample in ASP.NET and the sample can be downloaded from the following location, 
 Sample Location :  WebApplication2 
When creating ASP sample it is necessary to add the Syncfusion.EJ namespace and assembly reference in the web.config page. 
Please refer the below code snippet, 
Webconfig 

<controls> 
   <add  namespace="Syncfusion.JavaScript.Web" assembly="Syncfusion.EJ.Web" tagPrefix="ej"/> 
        <add  namespace="Syncfusion.JavaScript.Web" assembly="Syncfusion.EJ" tagPrefix="ej"/> 
        <add  namespace="Syncfusion.JavaScript.DataVisualization.Models" assembly="Syncfusion.EJ" tagPrefix="ej"/> 
        <add  namespace="Syncfusion.JavaScript.Models" assembly="Syncfusion.EJ" tagPrefix="ej"/> 
</controls> 

For more information in order to create an application in ASP.NET and to configure the settings manually,  
Please refer the following  link, 
Please let us know if you need any further assistance. 
Thanks  
Akbar Basha KM.  

AJ Anke Jorritsma September 15, 2016 07:47 AM UTC

I am having the same problem, I get this error when building the project "Error 9 Literal content ('</ej:Series>  </ej:Series>') is not allowed within a 'System.Collections.Generic.List`1[[Syncfusion.JavaScript.DataVisualization.Models.Series, Syncfusion.EJ, Version=14.2400.0.26, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89]]'. C:\TFS\Development\...\Test.aspx 24
When I look at the example for a chart I see that another version is used (version 13.3451.0.7). 
How can I use <ej:Series> with version 14.2400.0.26? 
Or what is the alternative?

SK Saravana Kumar Kanagavel Syncfusion Team September 16, 2016 06:55 AM UTC

Hi Satheyaraaj, 

Thanks for your update. 
We have analyzed your query and tried to replicate the reported issue but unable to reproduce the issue. So please ensure the following configuration steps with web.config file in your sample. 
Step #1 : To ensure the same version assemblies are referred to render chart. 

1. Syncfusion.EJ.Web version=14.2.451.0.26 
  2. Syncfusion.EJ version=14.2.451.0.26 

Step #2: To ensure the same version of .Net frame work version referred in DLL’s version 

Note : If you want to create the project in another .Net frame work , then you should refer the DLL’s version based on the .Net framework version. 

Step #3 : To ensure the required to render chart “assembly” are registered at assemblies section. 

[Web.config] 
   <assemblies> 
        <add assembly="Syncfusion.EJ.Web" /> 
        <add assembly="Syncfusion.EJ" /> 
   </assemblies> 

Step #4 : Please remove the version, culture and PublicKeyToken in assemblies referred section. 

[Web.config] 
   <assemblies> 
          <add assembly="Syncfusion.EJ.Web, Version=14.2460.0.26, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89" /> 
        <add assembly="Syncfusion.EJ, Version=14.2460.0.26, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89" /> 
  </assemblies> 

Step #5: To ensure the “namespace” are registered for assemblies at controls section.   

[Web.config] 
<controls> 
        <add  namespace="Syncfusion.JavaScript.Web" assembly="Syncfusion.EJ.Web" tagPrefix="ej"/> 
        <add  namespace="Syncfusion.JavaScript.DataVisualization.Models" assembly="Syncfusion.EJ" tagPrefix="ej"/> 
</controls> 

Step #6: To ensure the requires scripts to render chart in the ASPX Page 

[ASPX] 
    <script src="Scripts/ej/jquery-1.10.2.min.js"></script> 
    <script src="Scripts/ej/jquery.globalize.min.js"></script> 
    <script src="Scripts/ej/ej.web.all.min.js"></script> 

And we have also made a sample with your mentioned version 14.2.0.26 of assemblies and attached in the below location. 

Please find the output of the sample below 

And if you still face any concern, kindly revert us with following details to reproduce the issue and we will provide you solution sooner. 

v  Your sample or modify the attached sample as per scenario along with replication steps. 
v  Please attach the clear screenshot of error thrown. 

Please let us know if you have concern. 

Regards, 
Saravana Kumar K 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon