We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon
Starting in 2019, the Reporting control is no longer included in Essential Studio. If you're experiencing issues with the Syncfusion Reporting Platform, Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer, we recommend migrating to Bold Reports, our dedicated reporting platform.

Bold Reports offers a comprehensive suite of tools and features for all your reporting needs, and we will help you make a smooth transition from the discontinued control. Our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/ is here to assist you with any questions or difficulties you may encounter during the migration process.

We thank you for choosing Syncfusion and appreciate your understanding.

Print Layout changes height and width: Columns wrap to next page as a result

My report looks good when it first displays, but it doesn't show any margins.  When I click "Page Layout", the margins are displayed, but the Page Size gets set to "Custom" (the Height gets set to 8.5" and Width gets set to 11").  So, although the orientation states Portrait, it appears as though it's now landscape.

If I now change my Paper Size back to Letter, the last 3 columns on my report get wrapped to the next page.  Any ideas, suggestions?  I tried setting the font size to be smaller, but that didn't appear to work: The font size appeared to remain the same size.

----------------

I am also trying to replace MS ReportViewer with SF ReportViewer.  Are the details of incident #136361 available?  I could not find it, but I would like to know what options are available, because it could mean a lot less work for me.

Thanks!

1 Reply

SM Sundaraj Muthunarayanan Syncfusion Team May 2, 2016 11:57 AM UTC

Hi Jason,  
Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support. 
Query 
Answer 
My report looks good when it first displays, but it doesn't show any margins.  When I click "Page Layout", the margins are displayed, but   the Page Size gets set to "Custom" (the Height gets set to 8.5" and Width gets set to 11").  So, although the orientation states Portrait, it appears as though it's now landscape. 
We are unable to replicate the mentioned issue at our end. We have prepared a working sample and it can be downloaded from the below location. 
Sample link:  

If the issue still persists, then confirm your product version and share the reproducible steps or video to validate this issue at our end. 
I am also trying to replace MS ReportViewer with SF ReportViewer.  Are the details of incident #136361 available?  
Sorry, you could not able to see other customer’s incidents. But we have provided the same solution here,  
Solution: 
Please note our ASP.NET EJ version of ReportViewer is a ASP.NET Wrapper control for our JavaScript ReportViewer. It doesn’t support to specify the asp.net data sources as inner tag element inside ReportViewer in aspx. However, you can add data sources at code behind using ReportViewer’s  “DataSources” property. Please refer the below code snippet. 
        protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) 
        { 
            if(!this.IsPostBack) 
            { 
                this.ReportViewer1.DataSources.Clear(); 
                this.ReportViewer1.DataSources.Add(new ReportDataSource { Name ="Customers", Value = Customers.GetData() }); 
            } 
        } 
For your convenience, we have create a sample to demonstrate this and the same can be downloaded from the below link. 
Additionally, you can use Api controller IReportController methods to add the data sources and parameters. Please refer our online UG document below for more details. 

Regards, 
Sundaraj M 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon