We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Version=14.1451.0.41 On click of a button value = nothing

I put the control on an asp.net web form, select a date, click a submit button and in the click function the value is always nothing. I've tried on 2 different forms, one with and without a master page.
not much to the code , if I break on the line I dim a string and mouse over the value is nothing.
the UI page has this
<ej:DatePicker ID="Datepicker1" runat="server"></ej:DatePicker>
<asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Button" />

the code behind has this
Private Sub Button1_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
        Dim str As String = Datepicker1.Value
End Sub
Seems like it should work

3 Replies

GS Gobalakrishnan S Syncfusion Team April 29, 2016 12:42 PM UTC

Hi Mike Duclon, 
Thanks for using syncfusion product, 
On analyzing your query, we suspect that you may not include the “ej.webform.min.js” in your application so that only we are unable to get the date picker value in the post back. To resolve this issue please include the “ej.webform.min.js” file in your application. You can find the “ej.webform.min.js” file in the below installed location. 

%localappdata%\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\{{Build version}}\JavaScript\assets\scripts\common 

Example : 
%localappdata%\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\14.1.0.41\JavaScript\assets\scripts\common 

Please find the CDN link for the ej.webform.min.js file   

Please let us know if you have further queries, we will happy to help you. 
Regards, 
Gobalakrishnan S 

KD Ktek Dev May 2, 2016 12:55 PM UTC

thank you that worked,

FP Francis Paul Antony Raj Syncfusion Team May 3, 2016 12:26 PM UTC

Hi Mike, 

Thanks for the update. We are glad to know that the issue has been resolved at your end.  
Please let us know if you need any further assistance.   

Regards,   
Francis Paul A   

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon