We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Real Time Chart binded from MVVM

Hello

I have an MVVM which it binded to the GUI.
The binded variables are appeared and working perfectly with textblock.

The Model called "Parameters" and the View Model "ParametersModel". I created a new a Parameter Model in the main class.
Then after pressing a "Start" button the thread will start. This is thread is used to change the values.
There is a for loop with counter 360 and I am calculating in each parameter the math functions sin, cos, and tan.

public void AutoIncrement()
        {
            while (!flagStop)
            {
                for (int i = 0; i < 360; i++)
                {

_parametersModel.Value1 = Math.Sin((double)i);
                    _parametersModel.Value2 = Math.Cos((double)i);
                    _parametersModel.Value3 = Math.Tan((double)i);
                }
            }
            flagStop = false;
        }

And when the stop button presses the flagStop will become true then the thread will stop. And all the changes appeared directly on the GUI using binding data.

Actually, I want to draw a real time chart using this data corresponding to time.
I have made a simple project with the same concept of the  target project.

Please kindly find the attached project.

Thanks for your attention and waiting your reply.

Best regards,
M. TAHOUN

Attachment: Tutorial_Chart_b19c5b12.rar

3 Replies

SR Samuel Rajadurai Edwin Rajamanickam Syncfusion Team April 29, 2016 01:11 PM UTC

Hi Tahoun,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support.

We have achieved your requirement to load data to the chart in real time. Kindly find the modified sample from the below link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/123874/ze/Tutorial_Chart2034172376

For more information about the SfChart, please refer the below documentation link.

http://help.syncfusion.com/wpf/sfchart/overview

Regards,
Samuel

MT Mohamed Tahoun May 3, 2016 12:33 PM UTC

Hello Samuel

Thanks for you fast reply.

But I actually this not the thing I want.

I need to draw the same parameters in the model.

Actually, my target application to read from the sensor and update the data online on the text box, labels or anything and to draw real time chart of the output data corresponding to the actual time.

In my target application, I have a model for the parameters that I will read from the sensor and the updating of the values on the GUI is worked perfectly. So, assume that the data from the sensor is Value1, Value2 and value 3 in the attached sample project.
So, I need to display these values on the GUI and draw them on a real time chart.
Also, I think that using threading is more efficient than timer, because I have to use at least two threads in addition to the GUI one and the chart one. I am not sure of this, What do you think about this?

Does it possible to something like this?

Thanks and waiting your reply.

Best regards,
M. TAHOUN

SR Samuel Rajadurai Edwin Rajamanickam Syncfusion Team May 4, 2016 03:06 PM UTC

Hi Tahoun,

Thanks for the update.

Chart renders based on IEnumerable/Datatable type which bound in the ItemsSource property in chart series. Currently there is no provision to render chart based on properties alone. Please provide more information on your requirement with the data visualization in chart, probably a pictorial representation which will be helpful to serve you with a better solution.

For more reference, please refer the below documentation link.
http://help.syncfusion.com/wpf/sfchart/databinding

Regards,
Samuel

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon