We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Item selection

Hello,

Is there a way to select multiple items (ideally from multiple different navigation levels) in an SfTreeNavigator? I'd like to use this control to display a hierarchy of categories. The user should be able to select which (sub)categories should be shown and also have the option to select more than one of these.

The property SelectedItem seems to indicate that this is currently not possible as it can only hold a single item - do you have any plans to implement the behaviour described in the future? The SelectionChangedEventArgs have a list of added and removed items...

Thank you and kind regards

Gorgsenegger

3 Replies

PB Priyanga Balasubramaniam Syncfusion Team April 22, 2016 10:40 AM UTC

Hi Tim,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support.

Currently we do not have multi select option in SfTreeNavigator control. We have implemented this control like the navigation provided in Windows 8.1 OS where multi select option is not required. Please refer the below screen shot

Screen shot: ScreenShot

Can you please explain about your requirement clearly and the places where you need multi select options? This will help us to analyze further.

Regards,
Priyanga B

TG Tim Gorgs replied to Priyanga Balasubramaniam April 22, 2016 05:55 PM UTC

Hi Tim,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support.

Currently we do not have multi select option in SfTreeNavigator control. We have implemented this control like the navigation provided in Windows 8.1 OS where multi select option is not required. Please refer the below screen shot

Screen shot: ScreenShot

Can you please explain about your requirement clearly and the places where you need multi select options? This will help us to analyze further.

Regards,
Priyanga B

Hello Priyanga,

Thank you for getting back to me.

What I'd like to implement is a TreeView (for UWP, so most likely using the SfTreeNavigator) with two levels - the main level consists of different categories for expenses, the second level of places / shops that fall into the specific category, e.g.:

• Groceries
    • Supermarket Chain 1
    • Supermarket Chain 2
    • Some other shop
  • Car
    • Insurance
    • Petrol
  • Clothing
    • Macy's
    • Harrods
Now I'd like to be able to do one of the two following things: 
  1. Select all (level 2) entries of a specific category by clicking on the category itself
  2. Select an arbitrary number of level 2 entries of either the same or also of different categories
For the selected items I'd like to display information about how much money was spent etc. When selecting more than one entry you could for instance see how much you spent per (day, month, ...) for e.g. groceries and petrol (the display of the selected entries would be in a suitable chart control).

I hope I could help to clarify what I want to do. Maybe the SfTreeNavigator is not the right kind of control for this, although I couldn't find any other control that I can use when developing for the Universal Windows Platform.

Thank you and kind regards

Tim

TV Thangapriya V Syncfusion Team April 26, 2016 03:55 AM UTC

Hi Tim, 

Currently we are developing a SfTreeGrid control for WPF and UWP platforms. You can achieve your requirements mentioned in the previous update by using this control. The SfTreeGrid control will be available in our upcoming Volume 2 main release 2016. 

Regards, 
Thangapriya 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon