We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridCointrol edit cell

I have redraw my gridcontrol by dynamic''s dataset.but when i edit the cell of gridcontrol,the form is cloed by itself.i have no code at all. :(

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 29, 2004 06:51 AM UTC

Can you post a sample project showing this problem so we can see it here, and try to suggest some way to avoid the problem?

LI LIJing March 29, 2004 12:50 PM UTC

one form name -----"form1" sub form name -----"form2" form2 have a gridcontrol form1 code: dim tmpForm as new form2 form2.ShowDialog(me) form2 code: at form2_load() Me.GridControl1.BeginUpdate() Me.GridControl1.RowCount = dataTb.Rows.Count Me.GridControl1.ColCount = dataTb.Columns.Count Dim iCol As Integer For iCol = 0 To Me.GridControl1.ColCount - 1 Me.GridControl1(0, iCol + 1).Text = dataTb.Columns(iCol).ColumnName Me.GridControl1.ColWidths(iCol + 1) = dataTb.Columns(iCol).ColumnName.Length * 10 Next Dim i As Integer = 0 While i < dataTb.Rows.Count Dim j As Integer = 0 While j < dataTb.Columns.Count Me.GridControl1(i + 1, j + 1).CellValue = dataTb.Rows(i).Item(dataTb.Columns(j).ColumnName) If j + 1 = dataTb.Columns.Count Then Me.GridControl1(i + 1, j + 1).ReadOnly = False Else Me.GridControl1(i + 1, j + 1).ReadOnly = True End If j = j + 1 End While i = i + 1 End While Me.GridControl1.EndUpdate() Me.GridControl1.Refresh() when i edit the data at the gridcontrol,the form2 will closed by itself. :(

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 29, 2004 01:24 PM UTC

Here is a sample that I think does what you described, and I can edit the last column in the grid without the form closing. Forum-2Forms_3451.zip In your case, are there any exceptions being shown in the output window? Are you setting any special tabbing properties when you try to leave the last column? Can you modify the sample to show teh problem?

LI LIJing March 29, 2004 01:54 PM UTC

error message: Culture "en" is a neutral culture.It can not be used in formatting and parsing and therefore cannot be set as the thread''s current culture.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 29, 2004 03:56 PM UTC

Do you see this problem in the sample I sent you, or in your code? If it is in your code, do you have code that explicitly set some CultureInfo? If so, what is it? Are you using the full 5 character name like "en-US"?

LI LIJing March 29, 2004 10:07 PM UTC

If i run your project,it is ok. but if i add your form2 into my project and run it,so error message happened. :(

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 29, 2004 10:17 PM UTC

Can you attach a project showing the problem? Are you setting CurrentCulture in your code?

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon