We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

DetailsViewDataGrid maxheight

Good morning,

i would like to know if it's posible to set the maxheight of the detailsview area for the sfdatagrid.
When I set maxheight for the detailsdatagrid using DetailsViewDatagridStyle, the grid has his height limited while the details area remain with the height unchanged.
Please find attached an image i hope is more clear.

Thank You in advance

Best regards

Attachment: Screenshot_(16)_59a63029.rar

5 Replies

SV Srinivasan Vasu Syncfusion Team April 21, 2016 05:31 PM UTC

Hi Marco,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.

We have analyzed your query and you can achieve your requirement using SfDataGrid.DetailsViewPadding property which is used to set the space between the DetailsViewDataGrid and parent row in SfDataGrid. Please refer the below code example .

XAML

<syncfusion:SfDataGrid x:Name="dataGrid"    

SelectionUnit="Cell"      

DetailsViewPadding="30,100,40,100"

AutoGenerateColumns="True" 

ColumnSizer="Star"
                        ItemsSource="{Binding Orders}">

Please find the sample from the below location.

Sample Location: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/123774/ze/MasterDetailsViewGrid_SingleLevel_-_Selection_Issue-995073824

Regards,
Srinivasan

MD marco del frate April 26, 2016 09:58 AM UTC

Good morning,

i tried Your suggestion but it set the "border thickness" around the details grid, but not the maximum height of the details grid.
If my details are 100 rows i wuold like to see at maximum 20 (for example) and have a vertical scrollbar on the details grid, while at the moment it shows me all of them...

Thank You in advance
Best regards

Marco Del Frarte

SV Srinivasan Vasu Syncfusion Team April 28, 2016 12:41 AM UTC

Hi Marco, 

We have analyzed your query and it is not possible to add DetailsViewDataGrid within ScrollViewer. But you can achieve this by using DetailsViewTemplate support, currently we didn’t have the support for this feature. We already added it to our feature list and it can be tracked through our Features Management System. 

Please let us know if you have any concern. 
Regards,
Srinivasan 

NJ nicholas j sneed January 25, 2018 03:21 AM UTC

Has this feature been implemented?  If not, can you add me to the tracking.

MK Muthukumar Kalyanasundaram Syncfusion Team January 26, 2018 04:33 AM UTC

Hi Nicholas, 

Thanks for the update. 

From the given update, we can't get into your complete requirement. So could you please provide more details on your complete exact requirement and expectation on the use cases for the DetailsViewTemplate feature. Based on that only we could ensure the feasibility and provide details. 

Regards, 
Muthukumar K 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon