We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Binding IsBusy

Hi,

I have a DataGrid that has its ItemSource set to a ObservableCollection.
Is it possible to use the IsBusyProperty apart from the PullToRefresh-mechanism?
In my app it is possible that there are several thousands of datasets added to the grid at once,
so I tried to switch the Grid to busy-state when my Collection is filled with data but it did not work.

Thanks,

Jens

1 Reply

VP Vimal Prabhu Manohkaran Syncfusion Team April 21, 2016 10:07 PM UTC

Hi Jens,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Regarding your query of using the isBusyProperty to indicate an activity when datasets are loaded in the grid, SfDataGrid has been programmed such that setting values to IsBusy property loads an activity indicator only in scenarios of PullToRefresh

However your requirement can be easily achieved in the sample level by loading a activity indicator and changing its IsRunning property in the GridViewCreated event handler.

We have prepared a sample based on your requirements where we have displayed an activity indicator till the one lakh data sets are loaded into the grid. Please find the sample from the below link.

Sample Link : http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/123772/ze/GridBusySample769347879

Kindly revert us if the sample meets your requirements or in case of any queries.

Regards,
Vimal Prabhu

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon