We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Master Slides

Hi,

Is there any way I can change Master Slides with Syncfusion Presentation? Can't find that in the docs.

Thanks!
- Mauricio

3 Replies

DJ Devisri Jothi Syncfusion Team April 19, 2016 09:36 AM UTC

Hi Mauricio,
We have logged a feature report for changing the Master Slide programmatically using Presentation library. A support incident to track the status of this feature has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates
https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents
Please let me know if you have any question.
Regards,
Devisri

MR Mauricio Roberto Cruz April 25, 2016 07:27 PM UTC

Hi again,

As I can't change masters using SyncFusion, I found a Microsoft guide on how to change masters slides in a presentation. Here's the link: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc850846.aspx

The problem I'm having now is that SyncFusion can't open a file that had master slides changed using OpenXML directly, even though I can open it normally (no errors) using PowerPoint.

I'm proving samples in the attached Zip file:
  • base_master_slides: Has master slides that I want to apply to a new presentation
  • presentation_before:  Presentation that will have its masters replaced
  • presentation_after: After running MS code to replace masters, this is the output

SyncFusion can't open file "presentation_after.pptx" with "Presentation.Open(filename)", but I can manipulate it normally using Powerpoint.

Tech info from my side in case you can't run MS code sample:

Exception message:

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object".

Stack Trace:

at Syncfusion.Presentation.FileDataHolder.ParseMasterRelation(MasterSlide masterSlide, String masterPath)
   at Syncfusion.Presentation.FileDataHolder.ParseMasterSlides()
   at Syncfusion.Presentation.FileDataHolder.Read()
   at Syncfusion.Presentation.Presentation.ParseDocument(Stream fileStream)
   at Syncfusion.Presentation.Presentation.Open(String fileName)
   at ReplaceMasters.MasterSource.CreateNewMasterSource(String outputFilePath, String thumbsFolder) in C:\code\ReplaceMasters\MasterSource.cs:line 109
   at ReplaceMasters.Form1.btnCreateNewMasterSource_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\code\ReplaceMasters\Form1.cs:line 211

Could you please help me on this? I really need to open presentations that had masters replaced with SyncFusion.

Thanks!
-Mauricio

Attachment: syncfusion_cant_open_58bf4e57.zip

DJ Devisri Jothi Syncfusion Team April 26, 2016 07:06 AM UTC

Hi Mauricio, 
Thank you for your update. 
We have checked the provided PowerPoint presentations and we are able to reproduce the scenario “Object reference not set to an instance of an object” exception thrown while opening the “presentation_after.pptx”. 
A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates
https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents 
Please let us know if you need any clarification. 
Thanks, 
Devisri. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon