We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Diagram Control data binding

Hello,

I'm working with your MVC framework and would really appreciate a kick start doing data binding in a Diagram control.

You have some great samples, but there seem to only be sample where the server simply sends a model to the client and that's it. Could you possibly provide me with a simple sample that includes POST requests from the client for inserting and creating knew shapes?

Something similar to the drawing tools demo, but with insert and create operations would be wonderful. I just need a simple sample I think.

Thank you for your help!

9 Replies

SG Shyam G Syncfusion Team April 15, 2016 06:03 PM UTC

Hi Timothy,

We have created a sample to achieve your requirement and it is available in the below link for download.

Sample:http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/123729/ze/insertdatasample573009276

Regards,
Shyam G

ME Megatron May 1, 2016 04:36 PM UTC

Hi this is missing the flow chart process on the server actions - so we cannot perform the action easily. In the Sync Fusion page on the demo page it says BP-MN but this sample does not help me understand that. I need this support, can you please add or update the sample with the server actions flow please to achieve the Business or Flow process like below samples.

https://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/419e632a-2192-48ab-9d9b-ef696dcd115a
Easy BMPN

https://www.modeliosoft.com/en/products/modelio-sd-csharp.html
something easy to handle the actions on the nodes

thanks
Mega

SG Shyam G Syncfusion Team May 2, 2016 10:00 AM UTC

Hi Megatron, 

We have created a swim lane sample with BPMN shapes appended in the palette. Please check in the below sample and confirm us whether it satisfies your requirement. If not, please share us more specific details about the requirement. 

Regards, 
Shyam G 

ME Megatron May 2, 2016 02:44 PM UTC

Hi, while the sample is only UI code to add front end nodes and lines. Please also update sample (it did not compile 2014 code/lib) to 4.5.2 and current dll's this sample is with old SF dll's, old bootstrap webgrease respond etc

Where is the data binding for the nodes or flows? where are the backend handlers / controller actions & navigation functions?  In its current form this cannot be use for any business purpose, its only a mock UI, with no easy OO way to update the BPMN process - an you add it to the sample, with comments

There are no data binding functions, for e.g. I cannot do any of these BPM -
  1. Where is the BPM data-binding for the next or previous state?
  2. Where is the data-binding for a branch, Yes approved - no rejected, go back to previous state, or go to beginning?
  3. How to highlight of the current state, branches
  4. how to check if open/unconnected lines, abandoned/lone nodes
  5. How to save and repopulate easily the diagram in the db

thanks

Mega

SG Shyam G Syncfusion Team May 3, 2016 11:05 AM UTC

Hi Megatron, 

We have created a sample to achieve your requirement and it is available in the below link for download. 

In the above sample, we changed the background color of the node, when the node move from current state to the next state. Also the combo box is provided to list the next state values. If you select the values and click button ,then it  moves from current state to next state. Also you can use node’s inEdges and outEdges property to get the connections(connected/disconnected nodes) which is coming in/out of the nodes. In the above sample, we have performed save and load diagram from the database. 

Regards, 
Shyam G 

ME Megatron May 4, 2016 04:41 PM UTC

Hi Shyam,

For e.g. look at how easy it is to do with Telerik Kendo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjFV5kDYzkI they gave us samples to do this easily. The Essential Diagram UI is very pretty, yet the data binding and process automation is very hard and complicated and the same thing is very hard to achieve (this sample is a copy of before samples, I searched before asking this question). You're ignoring the screenshots and the information I am sharing. Please see there is a big gap between your diagram/process sample and the others out there, unfortunately this does not meet the needs of simple flowchart or process manager.

thanks
Mega

SG Shyam G Syncfusion Team May 5, 2016 12:14 PM UTC

Hi Megatron, 
We have created a support incident under your account for the below requirement. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates. 
https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=/support/directtrac/incidents 

Regards, 
Shyam G  

ME Megatron May 6, 2016 05:48 AM UTC

Hi Shyam, I have been posting many links an pictures on basic how-to databinding and handlers BPM need, and you're still not reading what I was asking. On this new link above it has an orgchart sample while I am asking BPM data binding sample, not sure what am I to do with that, while I am asking for the BPM sample and so many explanations, can you please look at what I written, I can call tomorrow afternoon around 3. I do not want to trouble you or continue this if can not be done.

thanks
Mega

SG Shyam G Syncfusion Team May 6, 2016 08:50 AM UTC

Hi Megatron, 

As informed, please follow-up the incident for the below query response. Log on to our support website to check for further updates.  

Regards, 
Shyam G 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon