We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SfDataGrid issues

Hi, 

My datagrid working but yesterday, i've had an error "Method 'Imagesource.fromSource() was not found" (for android & iOS) or System.TypeLoadException (for iOS). 

The problems was : "datagrid.GroupColumnDescription.Add(new GroupColumnDescription() { ColumnName = "Names" }); So i delete this line and it's works

After, "dataGrid.AllowStoring = true" don't working since yesterday too, when i click on one column i have an error. And i can see only the first 10 rows, i can scrolling but the other lines is not visible. 

public myDataGrid()
{
SfDataGrid dataGrid = new SfDataGrid { ColumnSizer = ColumnSizer.Star };
Grid myGrid = new Grid();

dataGrid.AutoGenerateColumns = false;
DataGridPropertyRepository viewModel = new DataGridPropertyRepository();
dataGrid.ItemsSource = viewModel.OrderInfoCollection;

dataGrid.AllowSorting = true;

GridTextColumn Dates = new GridTextColumn();
Dates.MappingName = "Dates";
Dates.HeaderText = "Dates";

GridTextColumn Portes = new GridTextColumn();
Portes.MappingName = "Portes";
Portes.HeaderText = "Portes";

GridTextColumn Passages = new GridTextColumn();
Passages.MappingName = "Passages";
Passages.HeaderText = "Passages";
dataGrid.Columns.Add(Dates);
dataGrid.Columns.Add(Portes);
dataGrid.Columns.Add(Passages);

//dataGrid.GroupColumnDescriptions.Add(new GroupColumnDescription() { ColumnName = "Dates" });
myGrid.Children.Add(dataGrid);
Content = myGrid;
}

Syncfusion dll's version : 14.1.0.41
Xamarin.Forms's version : 2.1.0.6529

I don't understand why it was working before yesterday but not now.

Thank's :)

5 Replies

RJ Rosemond Jordan April 8, 2016 02:38 PM UTC

Ok, i don't know why, but for Android it's working fine, but for iOS, i can see the design but not the data.. 

HN Harikrishnan N Syncfusion Team April 11, 2016 11:31 AM UTC

Hi Rosemend,

Thank you for using Syncfusion Products.

We have analyzed your query and we tried to replicate the issue but we are unable to reproduce the issue from our side. This issue usually occurs when there is a mismatch of Xamarin NuGet packages between your sample and SfDataGrid assemblies. Our 14.1.0.41 version of release supports Xamarin NuGet of version 2.1.

Xamarin recommends the NuGet packages to be inline in order to avoid potential issues. So please uninstall all the other version of NuGets and use 2.1 version in the pcl and the renderer projects. Also ensure no other version of Xamarin NuGets were installed in any of your pcl and renderer projects. Ensure to clean and rebuild the project before running it. You can see the software requirements of Syncfusion controls from our read me information.

ReadMe link:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/files2.syncfusion.com/Installs/v14.1.0.41/ReadMe/Xamarin_Forms.html

We have created a sample based on your codes in which we got the sample running without any problem. We have attached the sample for your reference and you can download the same from the below link:

Sample link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/123668/ze/DataGridSample1501364512

Regards,
Harikrishnan

RJ Rosemond Jordan April 15, 2016 06:37 AM UTC

Thank you

RJ Rosemond Jordan April 15, 2016 09:04 AM UTC

Hmm, did you know why my datagrid work perfectly on iOS simulator(iOS version 9.2) but does'nt work in device(Iphone 6 verrsion 9.2)?

I have this exception : "constructor on type 'System.Linq.EnumerableQuery not found". 
I don't understand why it's can't works on device.. 

On Android that works on simulator & device.

HN Harikrishnan N Syncfusion Team April 15, 2016 11:23 AM UTC

Hi Rosemend,

This is a known issue in the Framework and is reproducible even in a simple scenario and has been reported as a bug in Bugzilla as well. You can see the details of it from the below thread.

https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=37563

Currently, Xamarin has marked this bug as fixed but it is yet to be included in any of the Stable or pre-releases so far. We are tracking on this and will update you once it is included in any Stable release of Xamarin.

We have already published a KB article on this which also includes the workaround to fix this issue. Please refer the below KB article for the workaround and for more details regarding this issue.

KB link: https://www.syncfusion.com/kb/5986/how-to-solve-system-methodmissingexception-in-xamarin-forms-ios-when-using-sfdatagrid 

Regards,
Harikrishnan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon