We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
Starting in 2019, the Reporting control is no longer included in Essential Studio. If you're experiencing issues with the Syncfusion Reporting Platform, Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer, we recommend migrating to Bold Reports, our dedicated reporting platform.

Bold Reports offers a comprehensive suite of tools and features for all your reporting needs, and we will help you make a smooth transition from the discontinued control. Our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/ is here to assist you with any questions or difficulties you may encounter during the migration process.

We thank you for choosing Syncfusion and appreciate your understanding.

Report not being displayed

Hi,

I have followed the overview in the tutorials and I have a problem trying to implement the report viewer in my project(MVC 5), I have all the pieces needed and I compared the code with the samples and I can't find the problem, I got this in my page:
empty report
I don't get any errors in the browser's console, something weird is that if I copy my report and my code to the sample project it works, and if I copy a report from the samples and it's code to my solution it does not work, so I am not sure what am I missing.

For testing purposes I have tried to set a wrong dataset, a wrong report name and when I do that it shows and error, but when everything is ok, the report is not displayed.

4 Replies

PR Pedro Ramirez April 7, 2016 08:39 PM UTC

I created a new project from scratch and it works, but I am still not being able to display reports when I host them from my existing MVC 5 application.

YD Yuvaraj Devarajan Syncfusion Team April 8, 2016 10:06 AM UTC

Hi Pedro,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.

The mentioned problem might be occurred due to the WebAPI not initialized in the view or the IReportControl is not inherited to the WebAPI.  Please refer the below UG documentation link for more details about creating MVC sample with WebAPI.
http://help.syncfusion.com/aspnetmvc/reportviewer/getting-started
http://help.syncfusion.com/aspnetmvc/reportviewer/getting-started#add-webapi-controller-for-reportviewer

If you still face any issues then please share your sample with us, it will be helpful for us to provide a solution at the earliest.

Regards,
Yuvaraj D

PR Pedro Ramirez April 8, 2016 02:06 PM UTC

I found the problem in my existing app, in the WebAPiConfig.cs I have the following lines:

var formatter = GlobalConfiguration.Configuration.Formatters.JsonFormatter;
            formatter.SerializerSettings.ContractResolver =
                new Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.CamelCasePropertyNamesContractResolver();

I commented those lines and the reports are working now perfectly.

YD Yuvaraj Devarajan Syncfusion Team April 11, 2016 04:28 AM UTC

Hi Pedro,

Thanks for the update.

We are happy to hear that your issue is resolved. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Yuvaraj D

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon