We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

MVC5 Samples (13.4.0.63) - web.config keeps reverting on build

Hi there,
I am trying to run the MVC5 samples to work with the Grid control to make sure I am doing things correctly in my application.
I do not have (LocalDB)\v.11 installed on my system anymore and don't intend on installing it, so I keep changing the web.config to use (LocalDB)\MSSQLLocalDB, which is what I do have on this system. I have even followed the steps by Microsoft to convert the Northwind and ScheduleData database files (.MDF)to the new version, and then updated the web.config appropriately. However, something keeps restoring the web.config to its original version EVERY time I build the application! What keeps doing this? How can I run the samples if I can't update the web.config to use the databases on my system as I have the system configured?
Please help!
Cindy

3 Replies

PK Prasanna Kumar Viswanathan Syncfusion Team April 4, 2016 11:50 AM UTC

Hi Cindy,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.

We suspect that you are using our Dashboard sample browser. While running MVC5 Samples, we suggest you to make the changes in web_mvc5 config file. When you build the sample browser application, the web.config file would be replaced by the web_mvc5 config file.

If you are not using the Syncfusion Essential Studio Dashboard sample browser, we need the following details

1)      Web.config code example.
2)      If possible, please send us a sample.

Regards,
Prasanna Kumar N.S.V

CK Cindy Kee April 5, 2016 03:59 AM UTC

Thank you for the quick response.

Yes, I was running the Dashboard Sample Browser, so your recommendation to change the web_mvc5.config file did the trick!

Thank you,
Cindy

PK Prasanna Kumar Viswanathan Syncfusion Team April 6, 2016 08:29 AM UTC

Hi Cindy,

We are happy to hear that your issue has been resolved.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Prasanna Kumar N.S.V

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon