We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Chromless Window and Aero Snap Functionality

Hello,

I have an application that is utilizing the Syncfusion Chromeless Window, and I've noticed that the window does not recognize the Aero Snap features provided by windows.

For example, when I click and drag the window Title Bar to the sides of the screen, I expect the window to snap its size to fill half the screen, but it does not. Similarly, when the window is dragged by the Title Bar to the top of the screen, I expect the window to become maximized, but it does not.

Also, when the window is maximized, and the title bar is dragged to minimize the window, sometimes the window jumps to another screen.

Attached is a video documenting this behavior.

Are there some properties I need to set to enable this functionality?

Please let me know.

Thanks!

Attachment: Syncfusion_Chromeless_Window_Aero_Snap_Issues_d86dc15a.zip

7 Replies

SM Sugapriya Mariappan Syncfusion Team March 28, 2016 08:49 AM UTC

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support.

“Query #: Are there some properties I need to set to enable this functionality?”

We need to set the UseNativeChrome property of the ChromelessWindow to true to enable the docking behavior. When this property is enabled, window can be docked to left and right side of the window to resize to half of the screen. Also window can be maximized when docked at the top of the screen.

Regards,
M.Sugapriya

TM Thomas Mendez April 14, 2016 02:59 PM UTC

Awesome. Thank you!

Also, I believe the issue with the window jumping to another screen when the title bar is dragged to minimize the window has been fixed in the most recent version of the Chromeless Window.

SM Sugapriya Mariappan Syncfusion Team April 15, 2016 12:40 PM UTC

Hi Thomas,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We have missed to update the information about your third query in our last update.

We have checked the reported issue by using the replication steps you have mentioned in the attached video.But we are unable to reproduce the reported issue at our end.

Could you please share more information about the issue replication steps and also please share your product version details to analyze further on this.

Regards,
M.Sugapriya

TM Thomas Mendez April 15, 2016 12:49 PM UTC

Sugapriya,

No apology is necessary.

As I mentioned, this bug appears to be fixed in the most recent release of the software. It's no longer a problem!

AP Ashwini Paranthaman Syncfusion Team April 18, 2016 11:51 AM UTC

Hi Thomas,

We are glad that your issue has been fixed.

Please let us know if you need any other assistance.

Regards,

Ashwini P.

DV Daryl Vertigan April 23, 2016 07:07 PM UTC

(Although, setting UseNativeChrome="True" appears to break CornerRadius)

VR Venkateshwaran Ramdoss Syncfusion Team April 25, 2016 12:50 PM UTC

Hi Thomas,

In our ChromelessWindow, UseNativeChrome property is implemented to use the native window from OS. When this property is enabled, the native window will get appear and the template will not be applied from ChromelessWindow. So, the property "CornerRadius" will not work when "UseNativeChrome" property is enabled.

Regards,
Venkateshwaran V.R.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon