We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Using ADDRESS Formula Produces Error

I am attempting to use both the COUNTIF and ADDRESS formulas but am not having success. I know the row number and column number of the cells that I want to use in the COUNTIF formula. I figured I would use the ADDRESS formula within the COUNTIF formula to convert my numbers to a cell reference. I couldn't get that to work so I trimmed down the formula to just use the ADDRESS formula to see if that was working. I cannot get that to work either. Here is my simple code:
grid[5, 5].CellType = GridCellTypeName.FormulaCell;
grid[5, 5].Text = "=ADDRESS(3, 4)";

When I run this code I see the message "Index was outside the bounds of the array." in the grid in cell 5,5. I get that message regardless of which row and column number I use in the ADDRESS formula. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Dan

1 Reply

AS Amresh S Syncfusion Team March 22, 2016 06:05 AM UTC

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

We analyzed your query and found it is a bug. It will be rectified in our upcoming releases.

Since the third parameter is mandatory in Grid and, it could be passed as 0 or 1.

The following code example could be used for your requirement.

Code Example:

this.gridControl1[5, 5].Text = "=Address(3,4,1)";

Please let us know if you have any other queries.

Regards,

Amresh S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon