We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Can i set treeview as dropdown content in combobox?

I want set a treeview in the comboboxadv  and bind the selectitem to it....any idea?

5 Replies

RG Rajkumar Ganesamoorthy Syncfusion Team March 17, 2016 09:17 AM UTC

Hi Ray,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support.

We have prepared custom sample to meet your requirement. In this sample we have modified the control template of ComboBoxAdv to add TreeViewAdv as a child of it and we binded the TreeViewAdv’ s SelectedItem to ComboBoxAdv’ s content. Please find the sample from the below attachment.

Please let us know whether the below sample meets your requirements or not.

Regards,
Rajkumar G

Attachment: ComboBoxTreeView_6a2324f1.zip

RA ray March 17, 2016 09:48 AM UTC

Thanks a lot .It works for me !One more thing ,how can i set IsDropDownOpen when i select a treeview item..

RG Rajkumar Ganesamoorthy Syncfusion Team March 18, 2016 07:05 AM UTC

Hi Ray,
We have modified our last updated sample to close the Dropdown when selected item gets changed in TreeViewAdv. In this sample, we have changed the ComboBoxAdv’ s IsDropDownOpen property in SelectedItem changed event of TreeViewAdv. Please find the sample from the following location
Sample:ComboBoxTreeView
Regards,
Rajkumar G

RA ray March 21, 2016 07:47 AM UTC

Thanks a lot .Can i set the item "Item 1.3.1" in your demo by default ?

RG Rajkumar Ganesamoorthy Syncfusion Team March 22, 2016 07:03 AM UTC

Hi Ray,

We have modified our last updated sample. In this sample, we set the Item 1.3.1 as selected by default by binding its IsSelected property. But this selection gets updated in ComboBoxAdv once the dropdown popup gets open. The same behavior exist in MS ComboBox. Please find the sample from the below location

Sample:ComboBoxTreeView

Regards,
Rajkumar G.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon