We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Add new record in editable grid

Hi, 

i have, in an editable grid, a column with allowEditing = false. When i click to add a new record, this column-field is editable. Is it right? Can i disabled this field?
Thanks
Stefano

3 Replies

VA Venkatesh Ayothi Raman Syncfusion Team March 17, 2016 10:27 AM UTC

Hi Stefano,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.

The issue occurs in two scenarios:
1)      when we disable the allowEditing as well as set a primary key as true for same column.
Eg. { field: "OrderID", isPrimaryKey: true, allowEditing:false, headerText: "Order ID", textAlign: ej.TextAlign.Right, validationRules: { required: true, number: true }, width: 90 },
2)      If we use any prior version of 13.3.0.7

To disable the field for primary key column when we add a new record, then we suggest you to use useisIdentity property, which disable the field while we add a new record. But in your database identity column is must otherwise we can’t perform the editing operation for newly added record and its throws a script error.
If we misunderstood your query, please share the following details,
1)      Essential studio version details.
2)      Scenario to reproduce the issue.
3)      If any script error thrown in console window then provide a screenshot of that.
4)      A sample if possible or share the code example.

Regards,
Venkatesh Ayothiraman.

SE Stefano Enrico March 18, 2016 10:46 AM UTC

ok, thanks

Regards
Stefano

VA Venkatesh Ayothi Raman Syncfusion Team March 21, 2016 05:02 AM UTC

Hi Stefano,

Thanks for the update.

We are happy to hear that your requirement is achieved. Please let us know if you have any further assistance.

Regards,
Venkatesh Ayothiraman.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon