We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

After changing VisibleMaxDate the SelectedDate is no longer highlighted

After changing VisibleMaxDate the SelectedDate is no longer highlighted.

<input:SfCalendar
    Width="300" Height="300"
    Margin="10"
    FontSize="15"
    Style="{StaticResource CalendarStyle}"
    BorderBrush="Black" BorderThickness="1"
    SelectionMode="Single"
    ShowNavigationButton="True"
    DisplayDate="{Binding DisplayDate, Mode=TwoWay, UpdateSourceTrigger=PropertyChanged}"
    SelectedDate="{Binding SelectedDate, Mode=TwoWay, UpdateSourceTrigger=PropertyChanged}"
    VisibleMaxDate="{Binding MaxFilterDate}"
    VisibleMinDate="{Binding MinFilterDate}">
    <interactivity:Interaction.Behaviors>
        <behaviors:CalendarMonthChangedBehaviour MonthChanged="{Binding ChangeMonthCommand}" />
    </interactivity:Interaction.Behaviors>
</input:SfCalendar>

I don't know if it matters but the calendar is inside a closed flyout when VisibleMaxDate changes.

16 Replies

VR Venkateshwaran Ramdoss Syncfusion Team March 14, 2016 12:02 PM UTC

Hi James,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support.

We have analyzed the reported issue by creating a simple sample. But we were unable to reproduce the issue at our end. In this sample we have used SfCalendar and 'Change SelectedDate' button to set the SelectedDate value at run time and 'Change VisibleMaxDate' button to set the VisibleMaxDate value, the SelectedDate has been highlighted now also. Can you please check whether you are able to reproduce the reported issue with this sample?

Please download the sample from the below link

Sample: SfCalendarsample

Could you please provide more details about your query by modifying the sample and replication steps to reproduce the issue? It will help us to proceed further.

Regards,
Venkateshwaran V.R.

JN James Newton King March 14, 2016 11:59 PM UTC

Example attached

Increasing the VisibleMaxDate clears the selected cell from the calendar.

Also I have noticed that if the SelectedDate equals the VisibleMaxDate (launch the example and click change selectedDate and then open the flyout) then nothing is displayed:

Attachment: SfCalendarsample_4b7ce1a.zip

VR Venkateshwaran Ramdoss Syncfusion Team March 15, 2016 11:18 AM UTC

Hi James,

We have confirmed the reported issue "After changing VisibleMaxDate the SelectedDate is no longer highlighted" as a defect. We will include this fix in our Vol 1, 2016 Service pack 1 release which will be available in April, 2016.

Regards,
Venkateshwaran V.R.

RG Rajkumar Ganesamoorthy Syncfusion Team March 29, 2016 12:04 PM UTC

Hi James,

Please ignore the previous update.

We have modified your last updated sample to meet your requirement. In this sample we have reset the SelectedDate property of SfCalendar in its loaded event. Because the reported issue occurs while changing the SelectedDate property of SfCalendar when it is in Unloaded state(Popup or flyout is in closed state).
Please find the modified sample from the below location.

Sample:ModifiedSolution

Please let us know if the above sample meets your requirement or not.

Regards,
Rajkumar G

JN James Newton King March 29, 2016 10:27 PM UTC

I don't urgently need it fixed. You're still fixing it in the next UWP controls release? I will wait until then.

RG Rajkumar Ganesamoorthy Syncfusion Team March 30, 2016 11:15 AM UTC

Hi James,

When we try to fix the reported issue in our source, we found that the issue is with the sample and we can fix this in sample level. Also this issue is not related with our source. Can you please check our last updated sample and update us whether it meets your requirement?

Regards,
Rajkumar G

JN James Newton King April 1, 2016 02:50 AM UTC

I just recreated the issue in your sample.

Also why are you giving me a sample where you are changing it how it works? In the app I am reusing the SfCalendar from multiple places which is why it is in a DataTemplate. And I am using it in a flyout which is why the example I gave you is in a flyout.

JN James Newton King April 1, 2016 02:56 AM UTC

If there is something wrong with my sample then fix it and leave the functionality unchanged or explain why it fundamentally doesn't work. Right now it is useless to me because you've changed it.

What exactly was wrong with my sample? As far as I can tell the values set via databinding should flow through and it should just work. The changes you've made look like a hack fix.

JN James Newton King April 1, 2016 03:04 AM UTC

"Because the reported issue occurs while changing the SelectedDate property of SfCalendar when it is in Unloaded state(Popup or flyout is in closed state)."

Isn't fixing that behavior the bug. Why doesn't SfCalendar handle the SelectedDate being changed while it isn't visible?

JN James Newton King April 1, 2016 03:36 AM UTC

I just reverse engineered your solution and it doesn't even work when the SelectedDate changes past the current month.

So to sum up: SelectedDate still becomes unselected when VisibleMaxDate changes, and calendar rendering still breaks when SelectedDate is changed is changed while it is closed.

These bugs in your controls are starting to waste a significant amount of my time.

MS Mariappan S Syncfusion Team April 1, 2016 03:10 PM UTC

Hi James,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

We try to convey the behavior of Popup, which doesn’t get refresh when its child is not in view. Due to this reason we have provided workaround sample to meet your requirement. On further analyzing on your update and the behavior of Popup, we have planned to refresh our SfCalendar, even it is not in view and make necessary changes in our source level, We will include this fix in our Vol 1, 2016 Service pack 1 release which will be available in end of April, 2016.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Mariappan S.

JN James Newton King April 18, 2016 01:32 AM UTC

Hi

Do you have a date for when the fix will be available?

VR Venkateshwaran Ramdoss Syncfusion Team April 18, 2016 08:34 AM UTC

Hi James,

The fix will be included in our Vol 1,2016 Service pack 1 release which will be available by the end of April 2016

Regards,
Venkateshwaran V.R.

JN James Newton King May 3, 2016 01:19 AM UTC

Where can I download it?

VR Venkateshwaran Ramdoss Syncfusion Team May 3, 2016 10:29 AM UTC

Hi James,

We are in the final phase of our release works and it will be available by this week.

Regards,
Venkateshwaran V.R.

VR Venkateshwaran Ramdoss Syncfusion Team May 4, 2016 04:14 AM UTC

Hi James,

We are glad to announce that our Essential Studio Volume 1 Service Pack 1, 2016 (Version 14.1.0.46) is rolled out and is available for download under the following link.

http://syncfusion.com/forums/123963/essential-studio-2016-volume-1-service-pack-release-v14-1-0-46-available-for-download

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance.

Regards,
Venkateshwaran V.R.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon