We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

TimeZone

Hi there,

I am trying to use Schedule in the context of Australian time (Eastern).

I have hard-coded the property TimeZone("UTC +11:00"), only thing is with daylight savings timezone changes to UTC +10:00.  I have few questions regarding this

1. The appointment object I have getter and setter properties which have Start & End Time which are type of DateTime objects, but when Saving I am trying to convert them to DateTimeOffset objects.  Can this be done without conversion errors?
  2. How do we auto set the timezone based on local time and the month/day the user is viewing
    1. When viewing past or future days which may not be in current UTC due to daylight savings how do we correctly show the data (assuming in the database correct DateTimeOffset object is saved
    2. Now if I decide to extend the application to cover western and central timezone how would I go about implementing the functionality
    Any help regarding this matter would be appreciated.

Regards
    Prasanth

1 Reply

KK Karthigeyan Krishnamurthi Syncfusion Team March 14, 2016 04:57 PM UTC

Hi Prasanth,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

Please find the following responses for your queries.

Query1:

We request you to define the start time and end time as DateTimeOffset data type in-order to avoid the conversion error. We have prepared the sample for your requirement which can be downloaded from the below location,
    http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/123380/ze/timezone1000909076

Query2:  

We can set the timeZone dynamically based on the local time. When the schedule initially renders Create event will trigger. In that event function we have calculated the local machine time zone and assigned it to the schedule timezone. In the above sample we have achieved your requirement.

Query3:

We suspect that the cause for the issue is day light saving mode. We request you to add start timezone and end timezone (as declare in the above sample) in the database and to set isDST values as false. Kindly refer to the following link to know more about isDST property.
    UG Link: http://help.syncfusion.com/js/api/ejschedule#members:isdst

Query4:

We are unclear about your requirement. We request you to provide more details like which functionality you are going to extent, sample if possible. We can analyze the mentioned scenario and provide you the possible solution.

Regards,
    Karthigeyan

Loader.
    Up arrow icon