We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Problem with data binding in controls within the tile view control

Hello,

I am using the Syncfusion tile view control as a tiling window manager for a number of different applications. All applications are compiled as class libraries and included into the window manager project. Some of the applications synchronize values over named pipes.

My problem now is the following: When I create two instances of the same control, which is using a radial slider and synchronize their values over a name pipe, the data bindings should synchronize the positions of the sliders as well. This idea is working well as long as I don't change the layout of the tile view control during run time. As soon as I drag one tile into another tile (in the way that the original tile splits into two new ones) the tile, which originally consumed all the space, somehow looses data bindings. The interesting part is that every data binding, instead of the one synchronizing the slider position seem to stay intact.  In that way the value, which I display within the radial slider is synchronized, but not the slider position. Even if I don't use a pipe, but put two sliders next to each other and try to synchronize them, the same behavior occurs.

Right now I don't have a clue how I can stop this nasty behavior. I attached a .zip file, which includes a radial slider control ant its view model.

Every help is much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Janosch

Attachment: RadialSlider_dbc537e8.zip

4 Replies

JK Janosch Kunczik March 3, 2016 07:54 PM UTC

I am sorry. Although the control is a tiling window manager, the correct control name from Syncfusion is "Docking Manager". Therefore I have to correct my statements below:

I am not using the tile view control, but the docking manager.

Can a administrator please move this thread to the docking manager section?

All the other statements from my previous post are still valid.

Kind regards,

Janosch

AK Ashok Kumar Murugesan Syncfusion Team March 4, 2016 01:30 PM UTC

Hi Janosch,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

We have checked your reported issue by creating a sample with UserControl. In this sample, we have used two UserControl and in each UserControl, RadialSlider has been used and its value is updated from ViewModel. These UserControl is used inside the DockingManager.
While docking the window to other window, we couldn't find any value change in RadialSlider. Please find the sample from below location

Sample:DockingManager

Can you update us whether we have understood your query correctly? If not, please provide modified sample or replication steps to reproduce the reported issue. It would help us to proceed further

Regards
Ashok kumar

JK Janosch Kunczik March 4, 2016 03:07 PM UTC

Hi Ashok,

Thank you for your quick response. Because of some missing references (I am still using version 13.3.0.7), I was not able to run your example project. Instead I took my software, removed all unnecessary stuff  and made a complete new solution from it. I attached this solution to my post.

When you run the solution, a window with a docking manager control will appear. Inside of the docking manager are two controls. All radial sliders in those controls are synchronized by connecting their NewData events with the SetValue methods from the other slider. If you now drag a slider, the corresponding slider on the other tile also changes its value and the slider position. This is the desired behavior.

If you now drag one tile into another tile, in the way that it halves its old size, the bug appears. Now manipulating one slider still leads to a value change in the other tile, but the slider position does not synchronize anymore.

I hope this example helps you to recreate the issue.

Regards

Janosch

Attachment: DockingManagerIssue_629d6519.zip

AK Ashok Kumar Murugesan Syncfusion Team March 7, 2016 12:07 PM UTC

Hi janosch

Thank for your update.

We were able to reproduce the issue with SfRadialSlider.We have created the support incidents under your account to track the status of this issue. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=/support/directtrac/incidents

Regards,
Ashok kumar M.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon