We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Captcha Authentication failed.

Hello,

Visual studio 2010
ASP.net
.net 4.0

I am trying to add a Captcha to one of my screens. I followed the instructions in the documentation and I am getting an Error 401:  Authentication failed. I feel that I may not have all the references needed. I created a new sample project using the template provided in visual studio and it worked correctly but it has lots of references that I don't need? Or should I add all the references and not worry about it? What are the minimum references needed for the captcha to work?

Thank you for your time.

2 Replies

BL bloatus March 2, 2016 04:10 PM UTC

I am using Essential studio Version=13.3400.0.7

AP Arun Palaniyandi Syncfusion Team March 4, 2016 12:00 PM UTC

Hi Cliff,

We regret for the inconvenience caused.

Query #1:”I am trying to add a Captcha to one of my screens. I followed the instructions in the documentation and I am getting an Error 401:  Authentication failed. I feel that I may not have all the references needed.”

The version details are not properly updated in UG so the Captcha control did not render in your sample. Currently we are revamping the documentation and it will be refreshed shortly.

To add the Captcha Control in your screen, just drag and drop the captcha control from toolbox in design view which will prompt about adding the handlers in web.config, give okay for that alert. After that include the Syncfusion.EJ assembly in reference and then run the sample. Please refer the below given code snippet,

<code>

[webconfig]

<system.web>

<httpHandlers>

<add verb="*" path="captimage.axd" type="Syncfusion.JavaScript.ImageHandler, Syncfusion.EJ, Version=13.3400.0.7, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89" />

</httpHandlers>

</system.web>

<system.webServer>

<handlers>

<add verb="*" path="captimage.axd" name="syncfusion_generatetools" type="Syncfusion.JavaScript.ImageHandler,Syncfusion.EJ, Version=13.3400.0.7, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89" />

</handlers>

<validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false"/>

</system.webServer>

</code>

The specified issue “Error 401: Authentication failed” error will come when application hosted in IIS and access the application. So could you please share more details about this issue?.

Query #2:” I created a new sample project using the template provided in visual studio and it worked correctly but it has lots of references that I don't need? Or should I add all the references and not worry about it? What are the minimum references needed for the captcha to work?”

There is no need to include all the reference for Captcha control. Please include the following reference alone in web application.

·         Syncfusion.EJ

·         Syncfusion.EJ.Web

We have prepared the simple sample to showcase the captcha control and please find the sample under the following location,
http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/123274/ze/sample123274-1742420204

Please let us know if you have further queries,                                 

Regards,

Arun P

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon