We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

big data sdk service is not running

Hello
after i install theSyncfusion Big Data Dashboard.
this message displayed to me "Syncfusion big data sdk service is not running, please restart it to start or stop hadoop node service "
How can restart sdk service?
Thanks

3 Replies

KR Kumar R Syncfusion Team February 29, 2016 09:03 AM UTC

Hi Marwa,

You can start the "Syncfusion big data service" from task manager under services tab. Find the steps to start the “Syncfusion big data service” below:
1.       Open the Task Manager.
2.       Under Services tab, find the “Syncfusion Big Data Agent” service.
3.       Right click the service and start it.
4.       Make sure that the Syncfusion Big Data Remote Agent service is also running.

If you cannot find the Syncfusion Big Data Agent service in Task Manager, You have to manually do the following to install the service.
1.       Open the command prompt with Administrator privilege.
2.       Change directory to C:\Syncfusion\BigData\${BigDataVersion}\Agent.
3.       Install the service using the command SyncfusionBigDataAgent.exe Start.

Please let us know if you have any further queries.

Regards,
Kumar

SA Sam September 9, 2017 02:36 AM UTC

I just downloaded the latest version (on two computers) and seems there's bugs or issues with the upgrade. I get Error 1060: the specified services does not exist as an installed service.

AT Aravindraja Thinakaran Syncfusion Team September 11, 2017 10:24 AM UTC

Hi Sam, 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

The reported issue may occur when previous version of Big Data Platform is not properly uninstalled when installing new version. 
Please follow the below steps to resolve the issue. 

Step 1: Uninstall the installed Big Data Studio build from programs list. (Refer below note to get HDFS backup before proceeding with uninstallation) 
Step 2: Ensure Big Data Agent and Remote Agent services are completely stopped and removed from service list. 

Step 3: Ensure there is no unremoved files exist. If so, try to delete previous version folder under <installedDrive>:\Syncfusion\BigData\<Version>. 

Step 4: Reinstall latest Big Data Studio. 

Note: 
If want to backup the HDFS data before uninstalling Big Data studio, do the below steps. 
  1. Stop all the services from service manager.
  2. Copy the HDFS data (Metadata) from below location. “<Installed Driver>:\Syncfusion\BigData\<Installed Version>\BigDataSDK\Metadata”
  3. Do all the uninstallations steps stated as in above instructions. After new Big Data Platform build installation completed, move the copied Metadata folder to the same location.
“<Installed Driver>:\Syncfusion\BigData\<Installed Version>\BigDataSDK\Metadata” 

Thanks, 
Aravindraja T 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon