We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

MDI & a panel wich is made unvisible ...:-(

Hello everybody, I can't think that someone hasn't solve this problem....here we go: I have made a MDI-form, and several other forms. On the MDI-form I have made 2 panels, wich contains several buttons. with a klick on a button: -a form is opened -the panels are made unvisible. On the form there is also a button, wich closes the form. By closing the form, the MDI-form appears. PROBLEM: How can I make a panel (wich contains my buttons) visible, without making a new instance! The bottomline of the problem is this: The problem is that I cannot change any property of any control on the MDI, from the form wich is closing ************************************************ I tried: -make a sub on MDI, wich makes the panel visible. This sub is called from the form wich will be closed, code: dim myclass1 as frmMDI myclass1.subname..............:-( -I tried most of the events....:-( -I tried setting the width to 1 and with closing to 100 ......:-( -I tried NOT using a MDI, but then there is the problem of minimising/closing/resizing ......:-(( ========================================== = PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP == ========================================== reinier

2 Replies

RE reinier March 25, 2004 06:19 PM UTC

( I will simplifie things, without changing the essance of the problem) The bottomline of the problem is this: The problem is that I cannot change any property of any control on the Parent-form, from a clild-form (named frmForm2) wich is closing I have created a Parentform, named frmMDI. On the Parent there are buttons and panels. With these buttons: -a childform (frmForm2) is opened, -buttons/panels are made invisible on the Parentform. On the Child form there is also a ''close'' button, with this close button: the child form is closed. Problem: When the closebutton is used, and the childform is CLOSING, I cannot access any of the buttons or panels or any other control, on the parent form. IN other words, I only see a darkgrey PArentform on my screen, without buttons. How can I make the buttons on the PArentform visible, without making a new instance? Does this make things clear? Regards,

SG Steve Graddy March 26, 2004 09:37 AM UTC

I access items on the MDI parent (frmMDI) form from the child (frmChild) form with the following statement within the child form: ((frmMDI)this.Parent.Parent).SomePublicProperty = false; What ever property or control you are trying to access will have to be made public.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon