We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

OlapClient Load Multiple Cubes from Different Databases

Hello dear support...

Below I attached a screenshot my Database.According to my Database,  I want to load Multiple Cubes in My Olapclient Cube Selector. Is it possible to load Multiple Cubes ??

Thanks
R.Ananth

Attachment: database_Screenshot_663635c9.rar

1 Reply

RG Ramesh Govindaraj Syncfusion Team February 19, 2016 05:01 AM UTC

Hi Ananth,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

In-general, Cube Selector displays all the cubes available in the connected database. And, it is possible to connect only one database at a time with the control. So, fetching cubes from more than one database at a time is not an appropriate behavior. Meanwhile, we have prepared a sample where you can switch your database on-demand by changing the connection string. Please find the sample and code example in the following link.

Sample Link:  http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/122115/ze/SyncfusionMvcApplication1597120499

Code:

JavaScript[Inside .cshtml]:

<select class="ddlist" onchange="Change()" style="width:150px;margin-left:10px">

<option value="DB 1">DB 1</option>

<option value="DB 2">DB 2</option>
</select>

………………………………………..

function Change() {

clientTarget = $("#OlapClient1").data("ejOlapClient");

var oclientWaitingPopup = $("#" + clientTarget._id).data("ejWaitingPopup");

oclientWaitingPopup.show();

var DB = $(".ddlist").val();

var serializedCustomObject = JSON.stringify(DB);

oclientProxy.doAjaxPost("POST", oclientProxy.model.url + "/" + oclientProxy.model.serviceMethodSettings.initialize, JSON.stringify({

"action": "initializeClient", "customObject": serializedCustomObject, "clientParams": oclientProxy.model.enableMeasureGroups + "-" + oclientProxy.model.chartType

}), oclientProxy._renderControlSuccess);
    }

C#[Inside WCF Service]:

string DB = "DB 1";

public Dictionary<string, object> InitializeClient(string action, object customObject, string clientParams)

{

////

dynamic customData = serializer.Deserialize<dynamic>(customObject.ToString());

if (customData as string != null)

DB = customData;

// You can choose your database by giving appropriate connection string.

if (DB.Equals("DB 1"))

connectionString = "Your Connection String1 here”;

else

connectionString = "Your Connection String2 here”;

////

return olapClientHelper.GetJsonData(action, DataManager, clientParams);
        }

Regards,
Ramesh G.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon