We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Percentage column

Hi.

Please help me with following problem...

I have following pivot-columns:

[A] [B]      [C]

[A] and [B]  .. are some double values
[C] is percentage (([A] - [B])/[A])

Definition in xaml:
   <syncfusion:PivotGridControl.AllowedFields>
          <syncfusion:FieldInfo Name="C" Expression="([A] - [B]) / [A]" FieldType="Expression" />
        </syncfusion:PivotGridControl.AllowedFields>

<syncfusion:PivotGridControl.PivotCalculations>
          <syncfusion:PivotComputationInfo FieldHeader="A" FieldName="A" SummaryType="DecimalTotalSum"/>
          <syncfusion:PivotComputationInfo FieldHeader="B" FieldName="B" SummaryType="DecimalTotalSum"/>

<syncfusion:PivotComputationInfo FieldHeader="C" 
                                           FieldName="C"
                                           SummaryType="DecimalTotalSum"
                                           Format="P"/>
        </syncfusion:PivotGridControl.PivotCalculations>

Problem is, that the total value of [C] is summary of its pivot values, not the value ([TOTAL_A]-[TOTAL_B])/[TOTAL_A].

Thanks.
Regards,
Juraj

3 Replies

SC Saranya Chandrasekaran Syncfusion Team February 18, 2016 06:08 AM UTC

Hi Juraj,

We have analyzed the reported problem and it can be resolved by using the “CalculationType” property of PivotComputationInfo as “Formula”.

Please refer to the following code example.

<syncfusion:PivotGridControl.PivotCalculations>      

<syncfusion:PivotComputationInfo CalculationName = "Total" Description = "Summation of values" FieldName = "Amount" Format = "C" SummaryType="DoubleTotalSum"/>

<syncfusion:PivotComputationInfo CalculationName = "Total" Description = "Summation of values" FieldName = "Quantity" Format = "#,##0"/>

<syncfusion:PivotComputationInfo CalculationName = "Total" Description = "Summation of values" FieldName = "UnitPrice" CalculationType="Formula" Formula="[Amount] / [Quantity]" Format = "C" SummaryType="DoubleTotalSum" AllowRunTimeGroupByField="False"/>

</syncfusion:PivotGridControl.PivotCalculations>

Regards,

Saranya C.

JT Juraj Tomana February 18, 2016 06:57 AM UTC

Hi.

When I try to do it this way with Formula, some exceptions are thrown. Could you please modify my sample from the attachement?

Thanks.
Regards,
Juraj

Attachment: CS_c0952c47.zip

SC Saranya Chandrasekaran Syncfusion Team February 18, 2016 10:21 AM UTC

Hi Juraj,

We have modified your sample. Please refer to the appropriate sample below.

Sample  Link:

NOTE: The expression given in the “Formula” property must have the “FieldName” of “PivotCalculations”.

Regards,
Saranya C.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon