We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Controls do not render in Designer if ARM architecture

If ARM architecture is selected as target Syncfusion controls do not render in designer. As soon as I move the architecture to x85 or x64 controls render correctly. The same experience happens in Blend. I'm using Visual Studio 2015 Professional.

I have confirmed that once the control is deployed to an ARM based device the controls will render correctly. The device that I'm using is a Raspberry Pi with Windows IoT Core. That shouldn't matter in the designer though.

5 Replies

RG Rajkumar Ganesamoorthy Syncfusion Team February 15, 2016 01:27 PM UTC

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support.

We have checked your reported issue. But we were unable to reproduce the reported issue from our side. We are able to render our control in designer when the target is in ARM. We attached the demo video which we checked from our side. Please find the video from the below attachment file.

Could you please provide more information about this issue? It will help us to analyze the problem and provide solution.

Regards,
Rajkumar G

Attachment: Demo2_93e748e3.zip

GD Gareth Day March 13, 2016 11:33 AM UTC

I too have the same issue with Michael, how ever, I am wondering if this is possibly a Visual Studio issue.

When I target Arm (Windows Mobile Development) none of the syncfusion controls show in the designer but then neither do my own (a simple Image button control). Switch the Target to X86 and then they show.

Did stumble upon this post

RG Rajkumar Ganesamoorthy Syncfusion Team March 14, 2016 09:08 AM UTC

Hi Gareth,

Thank you for your information.

We have analyzed your reported issue, in your update you mentioned that you were not able to add either our Syncfusion controls or your own custom control in designer with target mode as an ARM. But we were unable to reproduce the reported issue from our side. So could you provide more information like your system configuration and in which environment the reported issue occurs? This will help us to provide the solution for this issue.

Regards,
Rajkumar G

UN Unknown March 23, 2016 09:37 AM UTC

Hi,
is your designer just not rendering your control or not responding? Dragging an sfchart to an empty page does not produce any visual here either (ARM | x86 | x64). But in case your designer in't responding or freezes for half a minute or so then your issue might be related to this one:  Designer locks in VS2015
Simon

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team March 24, 2016 01:13 PM UTC

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the update.

We are unable to reproduce the problem at our end. Could you please provide us the SDK version of the Syncfusion Controls which will be helpful for us to provide you a solution.

Regards,
Rachel.A

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon