We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Gridlist shows info after the user clicks on it

Hi!

I'm Alex and I'm new around here.

I have an issue with gridlist control, the problem is that I'm trying to retrieve values from a database taking as a parameters values from textboxes, this is actioned via button.
The first time I do this everything Works fine, next times just shows gridlist clear and shows the info after a click on it (or in another control in the form)...

Maybe I'm not giving to you a very specific explanation but I can't post source code...

I hope anyone could help me!

Thanks

3 Replies

PK Pavithra Kodiyarasan Syncfusion Team February 12, 2016 01:57 PM UTC

Hi Alex,

Thanks for contacting syncfusion support.

You can retrieve the values from a database by using following code.We  get the rowindex and column index from user through textboxes and by using those values we get the data from datasource after clicking the button.

Code snippet:
private void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

int rowindex = Convert.ToInt32(textBox2.Text);

int colindex = Convert.ToInt32(textBox1.Text);

string data = this.gridListControl1.Grid[rowindex, colindex].Text;

MessageBox.Show(data);

}

Sample:

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/122048/ze/WindowsFormsApplication1318206714

If your requirement is different from this,Please let us know with clear explanation.

Regards,

Pavithra K.

AA Alejandro Agüero February 12, 2016 05:20 PM UTC

Thank you for your quick response.

I know I'm not being clear when trying to explain my requirement, but the problem is quite different. I just wanted to display info in gridlist control but it shows after I click this control or another control like a button. I think that maybe it's an unfinished event from this control because after clicking a button or combobox this ones doesn't perform its action, instead of this the gridlist control shows what I wanted to see.

PK Pavithra Kodiyarasan Syncfusion Team February 15, 2016 12:59 PM UTC

Hi Alex,

I am afraid that I am unclear with your requirement. Can you please provide which event you are using to retrieve the data from datasource. Please provide the screenshots or video for your issue or reproduce your issue in given sample.

Sample:
http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/122048/ze/WindowsFormsApplication1318206714 

Regards,
Pavithra K.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon