We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon
Starting in 2019, the Reporting control is no longer included in Essential Studio. If you're experiencing issues with the Syncfusion Reporting Platform, Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer, we recommend migrating to Bold Reports, our dedicated reporting platform.

Bold Reports offers a comprehensive suite of tools and features for all your reporting needs, and we will help you make a smooth transition from the discontinued control. Our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/ is here to assist you with any questions or difficulties you may encounter during the migration process.

We thank you for choosing Syncfusion and appreciate your understanding.

Real life sample - local report processing

Hi,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for an excellent product. I would appreciate if you could answer few questions related to the Report Viewer in Lightswitch HTML client, please?

1. You stated that reports can be processed locally or on SSRS. Does that mean that I don't need to have SSRS at all and everything can run on the client only?
2. If the answer to the above question is "yes", do you have any real life sample of that? I've looked at one of your samples you've provide and data was manually included in the code there instead of using local tables. I'm looking for sample showing locally processed report where data comes from Lightswitch tables (via WCF RIA or any other way) or from SQL Server tables directly, and where report gets processed dynamically based on what is currently in those tables.

Your help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance,
Kind regards,
Tom

1 Reply

VP Venkatesan Pandian Syncfusion Team February 12, 2016 10:05 AM UTC

Hi Tomasz,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.

1. You stated that reports can be processed locally or on SSRS. Does that mean that I don't need to have SSRS at all
Our ReportViewer supports RDL, RDLC & SSRS Reports and we can load the both the local and SSRS RDL reports in our LSHTML ReportViewer.
everything can run on the client only?
Our ReportViewer requires some Restful service to process rdl/rdlc report, so we have used WebAPI for server report processing and js to render the end result of report JSON. Since our ReportViewer requires WebAPI service for processing the report, it does not fully works in client side.
2. If the answer to the above question is "yes", do you have any real life sample of that? I've looked at one of your samples you've provide and data was manually included in the code there instead of using local tables. I'm looking for sample showing locally processed report where data comes from Lightswitch tables (via WCF RIA or any other way) or from SQL Server tables directly, and where report gets processed dynamically based on what is currently in those tables.
Based on your requirement, we have prepared a sample with local reports and passed Data from LightSwitch tables. Please find the sample from the below link,
http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/121952/ze/LSHTMLReportViewerApplicationData1874278805.zip

Regards,
Venkatesan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon