We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Is there a Bug in SfTabControl?

Hello,

I have a table with many columns, so I used SfTabControl to switch between SfDataGrids (all binded to the same Collection) with different ColumnMappings.
If I put the Grids inside the Content of a SfTabItem like:

<SfTabControl>
     <SfTabItem>
          <SfDataGrid/>
     </SfTabItem>
</SdTabControl>

If I do it like that, the Application is very slow and unusable.

If I put the SfDataGrids outside of the TabControl and use the "SelectionChanged" Event to make the GSfDataGrids visible or collapsed, so i only see
the SfDataGrid wich is selected, the performance increases very much. 

Why is that? What is happening with the Objects inside of an SfTabItem that it's such slow?

Regards`

3 Replies

VJ Victory Jessie Selvam D Syncfusion Team February 10, 2016 11:21 AM UTC

Hi Alexandar,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

While switching between tab items, our SfTabControl will unload the old content and load the new content in content presenter. This may take some time if the content to be loaded deals with huge amount of data. We have prepared a sample to demonstrate the same and you can download it from the following link:

Sample: TabControl

Regards,
Jessie

AS Alexander Sobotta February 22, 2016 09:47 AM UTC

Thank you for your reply. 
You said the old content will be unloaded, but the memory usage is increasing when I'm switching between the tabs. 
It's like the content of a tab is loading everytime when opened, but the old item memory is not freed.
Currently I'm using it to switch the DataGrids visible and collapsed, but this is only a workaround. 
I could use normal buttons for that, the way I'm using the TabControl is only for the look.
Is there a way to toggle the memory behavior of the TabControl? 

Regards 

VJ Victory Jessie Selvam D Syncfusion Team February 23, 2016 11:06 AM UTC

Hi Alexander,

While switching tabs, old content is unloaded from view but it will exist in memory. Because older content has to be displayed when we switch back to that item again. So it is maintained in memory instead of freeing it from memory.

Regards,
Jessie

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon