We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Animation not always activating

I have the following doughnut chart:

<Page.DataContext>

<Binding Source="{StaticResource EmpSummaryViewModel}"/>

</Page.DataContext>

<Charts:SfChart3D x:Name="HoursChart" Height="200" Width="270" Margin="0,20,0,0">

<Charts:SfChart3D.PrimaryAxis>

<Charts:CategoryAxis3D/>

</Charts:SfChart3D.PrimaryAxis>

<Charts:SfChart3D.SecondaryAxis>

<Charts:NumericalAxis3D/>

</Charts:SfChart3D.SecondaryAxis>

<Charts:SfChart3D.Legend>

<Charts:ChartLegend DockPosition="Top" OffsetX="0" OffsetY="0" Orientation="Horizontal" LegendPosition="Outside" FontSize="12" Padding="5" Margin="0,0,0,0" HorizontalAlignment="Center"/>

</Charts:SfChart3D.Legend>

<Charts:DoughnutSeries3D x:Name="doughnutSeries3D" ItemsSource="{Binding WorkHours, UpdateSourceTrigger=PropertyChanged}" XBindingPath="Title" YBindingPath="Hours" EnableAnimation="True" EnableSmartLabels="True" LabelPosition="OutsideExtended" Palette="Elite" ConnectorType="Line" HorizontalAlignment="Left" DoughnutCoefficient="0.5" StartAngle="0" EndAngle="180" ListenPropertyChange="True">

<Charts:DoughnutSeries3D.AdornmentsInfo>

<Charts:ChartAdornmentInfo3D AdornmentsPosition="TopAndBottom" ShowLabel="True" UseSeriesPalette="True" ShowConnectorLine="True"

SegmentLabelContent="LabelContentPath" BorderThickness="2" BorderBrush="White" ConnectorHeight="150" ShowMarker="False"

SegmentLabelFormat="# hrs" Margin="3,2"/>

</Charts:DoughnutSeries3D.AdornmentsInfo>

</Charts:DoughnutSeries3D>

</Charts:SfChart3D>

The problem is that the animation only ever activates when you navigate to the page. The data binding works fine in that changes to the data in the viewmodel do update the chart immediately, and always. But it would be nice if the animation would fire everytime the WorkHours ObservableCollection gets updated/changed. Is there a problem with my implementation of this chart?

3 Replies

SJ Sumathi Jayaraj Syncfusion Team January 28, 2016 05:13 AM UTC

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.

We have considered “Animation triggering when items source collection is changed” as a feature and a support incident has been created under your account to track the status of this requirement. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=/support/directtrac/incidents  

Regards,
Sumathi J

AN andy-dev February 2, 2016 07:54 PM UTC

i have the same problem, since i updated to the latest version of syncfusion. With the previous version, the animation showed everytime, when i changed the items source.

SJ Sumathi Jayaraj Syncfusion Team February 3, 2016 08:47 AM UTC

Hi Andy,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.

We considered "Animation is not working when we changed data source for series" as an issue and a support incident has been created under your account to track the status of this requirement. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.
https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=/support/directtrac/incidents

Regards,
Sumathi J

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon