We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Add Appointment to SfSchedule

Hello SF support team, I want to know if there is a built in form to add an appointment to Android SfSchedule that can be triggered by onClick event. I have gone completed the walk through on how to add an appointment programmatically but I am wondering if there is a a built in form to do so and how to show this form
If there is no built in form, and I need to create say a DialogFragment to input the appointment details, how do I access SfSchedule in this Dialog?
Thanks
Val

1 Reply

SG Swathi Gopal Syncfusion Team January 28, 2016 10:31 AM UTC

Hi Val,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Currently there is no built-in editor support available in Schedule control for Android to add/edit appointments. It can be achieved by using ScheduleTappedListener. It will be triggered while tap on the schedule cell (timeslot) as well as on the appointment in the schedule control. As the ScheduleTappedListener contains selected appointment along with other related information in the event arguments, it can be used to edit the existing appointment also. Please refer the sample in the below location to add and edit appointments in Schedule control using ScheduleTappedListener.

Sample location: Essential Studio -> Android -> Schedule -> Appointment Editor

File installation location: SampleBrowser\AndroidStudio\app\src\main\java\samplebrowser\syncfusion\com\samplebrowserandroid\Samples\Schedule\AppointmentEditor.java

Appointments can be added to the Schedule control by adding the data to Appointments property of Schedule control from the required form (for instance, DialogFragment) and it can be edited through ScheduleTappedListener available in the control.

If the provided solution doesn’t meet your requirement, please revert us back with more information, so that we could analyze on it and provide you better solution.

Regards,

Swathi G

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon