We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Indicator not animating

Hello,

I am using SfBusyIndicator.

I have 2 Views (windows) and one ViewModel.

When I have lot of data to load in main View, I open 2nd View wich contains only of SfBusyIndicator that is set to IsBusy = true.

it is running in next steps:

window2.Show();
LoadData();
window2.Close();

Problem is, when I use Show(), code is executing ok, but indicator is not animating. window is shown with freeze indicator, and when data loads, window is closed.

When I use ShowDialog(), window is shown, indicator is animated, but then, execution of code is stopped (because it is "modal" window that is waiting for response, and response is never given).

Why my indicatoris not animating in window when I use Show()?

Thank You,
Vladimir.

7 Replies

RG Rajkumar Ganesamoorthy Syncfusion Team January 26, 2016 07:34 AM UTC

Hi Vladimir,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support.

We have prepared a simple sample for SfBusyIndicator . We are unable to reproduce the reported issue in this sample. Please have a look at the sample and if the issue persists, please try reproducing it in the above sample or send reproducible sample with the steps for reproducing the error. So that we could sort out the cause of the issue and provide you the solution.?

Please find the sample from below location:

Sample:BusyIndicatorTesting

Regards,
Rajkumar G

OL Oleg February 15, 2017 07:04 AM UTC

Hi! I have the same problem. My process takes an unknown time, and at this time one must show the animation of busy indicator. I modified your example to display the problem.

Attachment: BusyIndicatorTesting_a41e1cc.zip

AK Ashok Kumar Murugesan Syncfusion Team February 17, 2017 12:30 PM UTC

Hi Vladimir, 
Thank you for the update. 
We have verified the reported scenario and it occurs when SfBusyIndicator is displayed using Show() function not when ShowDialog() function is used. So we have compared this functionality with the standard elements and found that same behavior occurs in this case reproduced only while inside using the Thread.  
Steps followed 
We have tried with the simple animation with Rectangle instead of SfBusyIndicator. And same behavior is reproduced, While using the Window of Show method. But it works fine ShowDialog method. The problem is resolved, when Threading related codes are removed in the sample.  
Could you please download the sample and video check with them from the following location. 
Can you please avoid using Thread in this case as it freeze SfBusyIndicator animation functionality? Kindly check with above solution and let us know if it helps. 
Regards,
Ashok Kumar M

OL Oleg February 17, 2017 04:20 PM UTC

I create new code, but busy indicator not show after set IsBusy=true; How to be?

Attachment: BusyIndicatorTesting_f370a4b0.zip

VR Venkateshwaran Ramdoss Syncfusion Team February 21, 2017 05:05 PM UTC

Hi Oleg, 

Thanks for your update. 

We have prepared a sample for your reference. In this sample, we have using Task Delay in the async method. The sample and video can downloaded from the below link. 

Please revert us, if you need further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Venkateshwaran V.R. 

OL Oleg February 21, 2017 06:49 PM UTC

Thank you!

VR Vijayalakshmi Roopkumar Syncfusion Team February 22, 2017 04:06 AM UTC

Hi Oleg,

Thank you for the update.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance on this.

Regards,
Vijayalakshmi V.R.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon