We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Using watermark with MaskEdit and no MaskFormat

I'm new to Syncfusion so bear with me. I'm trying to get a simple textbox with placeholder and the only way seems to be to use a MaskEdit without the MaskFormat. But when I try this the watermark does not show. Below is the lines I have tried:

@Html.EJ().MaskEdit("UserID").MaskFormat("").InputMode(InputMode.Text).WatermarkText("User ID").ShowRoundedCorner(true)
        @Html.EJ().MaskEdit("UserID").InputMode(InputMode.Text).WatermarkText("User ID").ShowRoundedCorner(true)
        @Html.EJ().MaskEdit("UserID").MaskFormat("????????").InputMode(InputMode.Text).WatermarkText("User ID").ShowRoundedCorner(true)

The last one works, but I don't want to limit the user input.

1 Reply

FP Francis Paul Antony Raj Syncfusion Team January 22, 2016 12:40 PM UTC

Hi Robert,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.

We are able to reproduce the above reported issue (“watermarkText doesn’t shown, if maskFormat is not set”). A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login

Regards,

Francis Paul A

Loader.
Up arrow icon