We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Pie Chart cancels other touch gesture

Hi,

Just trying the new version 13.4.0.53 and noticed that a scrollview that i have with several pie charts in it doesn't accepts touch gesture for scrolling the view.
Maybe it is has something to do with touchexplode but i setted to ExplodeOnTouch = false.

Please help

8 Replies

KV Karthikeyan V Syncfusion Team January 15, 2016 01:54 PM UTC

Hi Giorgos,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We are able to achieve your requirement by workaround using CustomRenderer for iOS.

We have prepared a sample based on your requirement. Please download from the following location

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/121665/ze/ScrollViewWithExplodeOnTouch1345871873

Regards,
Karthikeyan V.

GP Giorgos Papadakis January 19, 2016 09:44 AM UTC

Thanks but could you provide some sample code for Androind. Also is this a bug, something to be fixed?

ME Manivannan Elangovan Syncfusion Team January 20, 2016 12:53 PM UTC

Hi Giorgos,

For Android there is no specific code need to be done. Please check with sample provided in the last update.

The scenario discussed in the previous update is not an issue. Xamarin forms have some limitations for ScrollViews. ScrollViews should not be nested with other controls that provide scrolling, like ListView and WebView. Please refer the below link.

https://developer.xamarin.com/guides/xamarin-forms/user-interface/layouts/scroll-view/#Usage

Similary, we have some limitation in handling the touch gestures in SFChart Xamarin Forms iOS.

Regards,
Manivannan.E

GP Giorgos Papadakis January 20, 2016 01:42 PM UTC

Ok thanks but i am a little bit confused.
Last start from the hierachy of my controls.

I have a page with a nested tabcontrol.
The tabcontrol has nested scrollviews in every tab.
Every scroll views has pie charts stacked.

Till previous version everything was working just fine. Swipe between tabs over the pie charts, scrolling int the tabs.
After i updated to version 13.4.0.53 gesture events(swipe,scroll) didn't work over the charts.
I do not want to handle any events for the chart control.
Currently i am testing the Xamarin Forms app only for Android

GP Giorgos Papadakis January 20, 2016 02:10 PM UTC

Ok just figured out, my mistake i had the following declared

chart.ChartBehaviors.Add(new ChartZoomPanBehavior()
            {
                ZoomMode = ZoomMode.XY
            });

So chart was catching any touch events. I removed it and now is working.

Sorry for the misleading info

ME Manivannan Elangovan Syncfusion Team January 21, 2016 04:50 AM UTC

Hi Giorgos

Thanks for the update.

Please let us know if you have any other queries.

Regards,
Manivannan.E

DA dang May 26, 2016 09:03 AM UTC

Hi,

I have the same kind of issue but this time it is with the data selection.  When i set the dataSelection to true, the scroll does not work any more. I have no particular beahviors  except that i have a complementary code for the SelectionChanged event.
Any suggestions how can i achieve the scrolling ?
thanks

SP Saravana Pandian Murugan Syncfusion Team May 27, 2016 10:42 AM UTC

Hi Giorgos,

We have prepared a workaround sample for this. In this sample, we have passed the touch move action to the parent (ScrollView) and handled the tap event in Chart to do the selection. Please download the sample from the below location.

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/121665/ze/ChartSample-1942612200  

Thanks,
Saravana Pandian M.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon