We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Disable/Hide the Open, Save and Print buttons.

I have a Project where I want to read a pdf document from a database and display it in the pdf Viewer Control.

Depending on user rights some users may not print and/or save the pdf as a file.

Is there a way to hide and/or disable the Open, Save and Print buttons in the Control?

3 Replies

DG Deepak Gunasekaran Syncfusion Team January 13, 2016 05:35 AM UTC

Hi Jörgen,

At present we do not have the support for disabling open, save and print buttons in the built-in toolbar of PdfViewerControl in windows forms. However we can achieve this by using Custom Toolbar sample which is available in Syncfusion Products.

We have attached a custom toolbar sample with disabled open, save and print buttons in the following link:

Custom Toolbar

After running the sample, please check the “Show Custom Toolbar” radio button which is at the top-left.

Please try this sample and let us know whether it suits your requirement.

Regards,

Deepak G

RM Ralf Markus April 8, 2016 01:54 PM UTC

HI,
my question will be:

When i use your sample of the custom toolbar this do not mean that the Build-In Toolbar will disabled or? 

I go through so much threads in your forum but i can not figure out "why" it is possible to disable the Save Button?

As i understand a lot of user want to have this functionality. How can i reach my goal?

DG Deepak Gunasekaran Syncfusion Team April 11, 2016 04:58 PM UTC

Hi Ralf,

Our custom toolbar is designed for the purpose of allowing users to customize the toolbar by filtering the buttons, changing the design etc., we can disable any button using the same as per your requirement. We have created a sample to disable SAVE button and it can be downloaded from the following location.
http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/121648/ze/CustomToolbar-879685658.zip

Please try this sample and let us know if you need further assistance on this.

Regards,
Deepak G

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon