We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

I need an Word to PDF converter example in VB.net

I'm a VB.net developer and I have been translating the WordtoPDF converter example, provided on Syncfusion's , from C# to VB.net, but I still having troubles with the translation,

I add the references to the project using the DLL files, located on C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\13.3.0.12\Assemblies\4.0 , when I translate there's not a problem , the problem came when I execute the project, the references to the classes simply they are unlinked and is not recognized for the project any more.

Attached you will find a few screenshots that best describes the problem

Attachment: Screenshots_6ae2963c.zip

5 Replies

SR Suganya Rathinam Syncfusion Team January 13, 2016 06:43 AM UTC

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

From the provided screenshot we suspect that the project version is lower than the referred assembly version. Kindly use the assemblies with version same as the project version or lower than the project version.

If your project framework is 4.0 then refer the assemblies from the folder you mentioned
C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\13.3.0.12\Assemblies\4.0 (or lower version)

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Suganya

CR Christopher Ramirez replied to Suganya Rathinam January 13, 2016 03:49 PM UTC

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

From the provided screenshot we suspect that the project version is lower than the referred assembly version. Kindly use the assemblies with version same as the project version or lower than the project version.

If your project framework is 4.0 then refer the assemblies from the folder you mentioned
C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\13.3.0.12\Assemblies\4.0 (or lower version)

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Suganya

Hi, Suganya, I'm using Visual Studio 2010 with .Net Framework 4 Client Profile, which version should I use for this compiler configuration, greetings.

SV Sarathkumar V Syncfusion Team January 14, 2016 05:07 AM UTC

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for your update.

Kindly refer the 4.0 version of the following assemblies instead of the “Syncfusion.DocIO.Base.dll”, “Syncfusion.DocToPDFConverter.Base.dll”, “Syncfusion.Pdf.Base.dll” in your project to resolve the compilation error.

·       Syncfusion.DocIO.ClientProfile.dll

·       Syncfusion.DocToPDFConverter.ClientProfile.dll

·       Syncfusion.Pdf.ClientProfile.dll
Regards,
Sarath

CR Christopher Ramirez January 14, 2016 02:01 PM UTC

Hi, Sarathkumar, this solve the problem and now my code is working, thank you.

DV Divyalakshmi Vasudevan Syncfusion Team January 15, 2016 08:59 AM UTC

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for your update.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance. We will be happy to assist you as always.
Regards,
Divyalakshmi V

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon