We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

MVC 6 examples don't work

Hi,
I'm new to Syncfusion and I want to evaluate your product. I've encountered lot of problems to get a basic MVC 6 example running. I tried to follow the different instructions in the Api documentation, but these are not up-to-date for MVC 6. I tried also the advise in this thread "https://www.syncfusion.com/forums/120739/asp-net-mvc-6-support" but it also didn't work. The example project referenced there is not compatible with the newest version 13.3.0.18 of your product. With older versions I had also massive problems to get the SampleBrowser-Application to build.
Starting the SampleBrowser solution from the dashboard leads to the following issue: When I start the project I get the following error message:
'dnx.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\Users\Tyler\.dnx\packages\Microsoft.AspNet.Hosting.Server.Abstractions\1.0.0-beta8\lib\dnx451\Microsoft.AspNet.Hosting.Server.Abstractions.dll'. Loading disabled by Include/Exclude setting.
The program '[6568] dnx.exe' has exited with code 1 (0x1).
The program '[12816] iisexpress.exe' has exited with code -1 (0xffffffff).
I've uninstalled VS 2015 and reinstalled it without any effect. For me it's currently impossible to get a simple example running (with version 13.3.0.18). Can you provide some help?
Thanks

4 Replies

DO Damir Orec January 7, 2016 12:40 PM UTC

The MVC 6 example works when beta version 5 is installed.

SN Sasikala Nagarajan Syncfusion Team January 8, 2016 01:15 PM UTC

Hi Damir,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support,

We are glad to hear that, your application is running properly with beta 5. Also, We have analyzed your reported queries and considered your suggestion regarding sample creation with MVC 6  documentation and we will update this information in online soon.

example project referenced there is not compatible with the newest version 13.3.0.18 of your product.

In Our 13.3.0.18 (Volume 3, Service pack 2) release, we have provided the support for MVC 6 beta 8. The sample provided in reported forum is created using beta 5 with 13.3.0.7 version.

To run the sample with 13.3.0.18 version, please upgrade your system to ASP.NET MVC 6 beta 8 .

Please let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be happy to help you
Regards,
Sasikala Nagarajan

DO Damir Orec January 8, 2016 02:22 PM UTC

Thanks for your answer!

My goal is to use the latest dnx version like your SampleBrowser example which doesn't work. Can you provide the steps needed to get a working example for MVC 6 with the latest dnx version? I tried everything I could find in your documentation, but I wasn't able to get it work.

Thanks
Damir

SN Sasikala Nagarajan Syncfusion Team January 13, 2016 03:50 AM UTC

Hi Damir,
We have analyzed your requirement and created a new support incident to track the status of your requirement under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.
https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents
Regards,
Sasikala Nagarajan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon