We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Manipulate Shell In Code

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

121576 Jan 4,2016 08:24 PM Jan 5,2016 07:12 AM LightSwitch Silverlight 1
Tags: Shell
Al Calderon
Asked On January 4, 2016 08:24 PM

Is there a way to manipulate the shell in code using the Shell Extension?

For instance, the "Tasks" pane shows on the left and the "Screens" area on the right. Is there a way to add a second "Screens" area to host a persistent screen? I guess what I'm asking for is guidance in replicating the functionality of a splitter control in WinForms. Ideally, I'd like to have an area at the bottom of the screen, let's say 25% of the screen with a Tabbed Layout. The rest of the screen would be split vertically, 25/75 with the "Tasks" pane and "Screen" area. The bottom would be persistent. Or am I being overly ambitious?

Thanks!

Marimuthu Sivalingam [Syncfusion]
Replied On January 5, 2016 07:12 AM

Hi Al Calderon,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

We have analyzed your query and found that we cannot extract the instance of "Tasks" pane from DockingManager. So there is no way to manipulate the shell in code using the Shell Extension.

Regards,
Marimuthu S.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;